Great Wolf Lodge coming to Cecil County?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    I'm a Cecil guy so if I'm taking my time I do. It's just that the large Harford population seems put off by a toll to come spend their money at our smaller businesses when we're within eyesight.

As a Harford county guy I'd say you are extremely correct. I have real reasons to be in Cecil county but don't most of the time because the stupid expensive Owe'Malley tolls. Instead I launch my bass boat in HdG and run over to the NE river, Elk river or Sassafras river. It's shorter by water but just as much in fuel and if the wind gets up it can suck. MD politicians suck!!!

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    As a Harford county guy I'd say you are extremely correct. I have real reasons to be in Cecil county but don't most of the time because the stupid expensive Owe'Malley tolls. Instead I launch my bass boat in HdG and run over to the NE river, Elk river or Sassafras river. It's shorter by water but just as much in fuel and if the wind gets up it can suck. MD politicians suck!!!

Get on the MD Hatem Bridge EZPass plan, $20 a year unlimited crossings. I live in southern DE and have it. :shocked2:

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    Get on the MD Hatem Bridge EZPass plan, $20 a year unlimited crossings. I live in southern DE and have it. :shocked2:

But I pull a single axle trailer and that plan don't work. 16 bucks for a single axle, used to be 18 till Hogan got in.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    But I pull a single axle trailer and that plan don't work. 16 bucks for a single axle, used to be 18 till Hogan got in.

Yep, with the trailer. Almost criminal.

Just be glad it's not the GW bridge going into NY. Re-dickless.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Head up through Darlington, across the dam, stop in Rick's Gun and Pawn, then down through Port.

Toll problem solved.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    That being said, I live West of the town of North East and am in Harford 3-4 times or more a month for work so I've had the harem bridge pass including way back in the days of the $10 dollar decal.

Dumb not to.

pleasant1911

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    Nice! Closer the better. Kids had fun in Va one, but it was expensive. My oldest lives in Middletown DE with mom and step dad. I know he will be excited.

ClutchyMcClutcherson

Aug 29, 2016
    Odenton, MD
    Nice! Closer the better. Kids had fun in Va one, but it was expensive. My oldest lives in Middletown DE with mom and step dad. I know he will be excited.

Catch it on the groupon. You can get it for 90 bucks a night. The other trick is to take snacks and a cooler with drinks. You can cut down huge on the cost by not buying a ton of food and drinks. We took easy Mac since they had microwaves, and lunch meat for sandwiches. Kids didn’t wanna sit down to eat anyway so quick meals on the go worked for us.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    The fact that it won't take hours to a day to get to a vacation spot is what's appealing to me.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Is there any update to this? I have not heard anything in awhile.

It's a go, unless AOC gets involved.....

2/5/2019:
    The Cecil County Council unanimously approved two unprecedented tax incentives with Great Wolf Lodge on Tuesday night, while the Perryville Board of Commissioners revealed details of an incentive program to complete their end of the bargain.

The resolutions the council passed provide a 50 percent credit on personal property taxes, capped at $4.5 million, and waive a 5 percent administration fee associated with hotel revenue. Personal property tax is applied to business-owned items like furniture, office equipment and supplies. Both tax breaks will last for 25 years.

The decision came with very little fanfare during the council’s Tuesday night meeting, although many top county leaders had much to celebrate in the months leading up to the vote. This will be Great Wolf Lodge’s first site in Maryland and will feature between 450 and 500 rooms, charging family suites at $179.99 per night, when it opens in 2020.

Great Wolf Lodge projects 1,000 construction jobs will be created over the 18 to 20 months of construction and between 500 and 600 new jobs will be needed to operate a location this size, with 40 to 45 percent of all jobs being full-time. For those jobs, the resort will spend $10 million in wages and benefits.

https://www.cecildaily.com/business...cle_5c2d26d7-dc89-59a6-bbbe-fee229bf58ad.html

Rickman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 31, 2012
    Port Deposit, MD
    I've heard that you must be staying at the hotel to partake of the park. Possibly setting up a weekday for non-guests, i.e. locals.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Semi-necro revival.

I heard they finally broke ground last week.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    Never been to any of the Great Wolf parks, But I used to take the daughters to Kalahari in Sandusky. Same thing, different motif.

I'd say a good thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom