• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Patch

Feb 1, 2019
    Anne Arundel County
    Hi all,

First post here so I will try and keep it to the point. Just moved down to Annapolis full time after travelling back and fourth between here and NY for the last year and a half. Recently celebrated living in MD full time by purchasing my first AR. I know MD has its 2A issues but man it’s a world of difference from NY.

I’m looking to join a local gun club as I recently went to some local ranges which are open to the public and the behavior of the other shooters and lack of oversight by range officers left a lot to be desired in the safety department. AAFG is the closest club to me and seems to have everything I would be looking for, I like that they have events for a bunch of different disciplines even though i mostly shoot my .22, sks and now AR on paper.

Anyways, the membership process at a lot of clubs can take a little while and so I figured i would get on it now before the weather warms up. I emailed the club and it was reccomended that i head there on saturday mornings for trap shooting to get shown around and meet some people, but with the weather being as cold as it has I sort of wondered if anyone would be around. On top of that I don’t have a suitable firearm to shoot trap with. I checked my NRA membership to make sure I’m still in good standing, so no problems there.

Is there anyone on this forum who is a member at AAFG that wouldn’t mind meeting up at the club and showing me around and consider sponsoring me? I live and work right downtown so my schedule for either getting to the club (or meeting up for a beer downtown) is fairly flexible and I would really appreciate it. If you’d prefer the downtown meetup instead of at the club- drinks are on me.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    I am an AAF&G member, you may want to do an intro to the forum, and let us know about you. The vetting process is lengthy, so if you are sponsored, it will take a little while.

Q

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom