• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/howard/bs-md-cornelius-harcum-20190122-story.html

Cornelius H. Harcum, 47, of Red Haven Road, allegedly approached a man, who was standing outside his own vehicle around 2:15 a.m. in a residential parking lot while visiting a friend in the 6300 block of Red Haven Road, police said.

Of course, while he carrying a concealed weapon, he was not carrying a permit for said weapon:

Harcum is charged with attempted first- and second-degree murder, first- and second-degree assault, reckless endangerment, illegal possession of a firearm and other related charges.

thank god for Maryland concealed weapons laws. or something. Keeping all the right people from toting concealed weapons.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    This is why there shouldn't be any permits. Because if he had a permit, he would have shot him even harder, with a bigger clip.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Why would he bother with a permit?
    The system has determined that a permit, while technically required, may not be prosecuted.

Charge No: 4CJIS Code:Statute Code:27-36B
    Charge Description: HANDGUN - WEAR//CARRY, ETC
    Offense Date From: 08/09/1999To:
    Arrest Tracking No: Citation:
    Charge Amend No: 0Sentence Version:0Charge Class:
    Disposition
    Plea: Plea Date:
    Disposition: Nolle ProsequiDisposition Date:08/31/2000

he has 23 lines on case search

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    I'm sure this horrible thread title wont be used by someone to suggest this person had a ccw and is reason enough to completely eliminate ccw in md.

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/howard/bs-md-cornelius-harcum-20190122-story.html

Of course, while he carrying a concealed weapon, he was not carrying a permit for said weapon:

thank god for Maryland concealed weapons laws. or something. Keeping all the right people from toting concealed weapons.

Click bait! The thread, not the Sun article. Nothing about the assailant carrying a concealed weapon and only the thread title suggests the assailant was a permit holder.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Mmm. Thread title leaves a lot to be desired. This is just a guy with a gun... that happened to concealed.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Yea thread title WFT?

seems like a criminal shot another guy, nothing to do with a carry permit.

If nothing else it's a reason that law abiding folks should be able to lawfully carry.

SKIP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2009
    Glenwood/Glenelg
    lol. That is literally almost word for word the Baltimore Sun article. glad to know the reporters added some value. :sarcasm:

I have been reading the HoCo daily "Grime" reports for years. Usually posted 4PM.
    I can't believe the reports on car break ins.
    laptops, wallets, purses, credit cards. Who the hell leaves these items in their car overnight?

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    I have been reading the HoCo daily "Grime" reports for years. Usually posted 4PM.
    I can't believe the reports on car break ins.
    laptops, wallets, purses, credit cards. Who the hell leaves these items in their car overnight?

Apparently you don't have to have anything in the car for people to break into it. My truck was broken into sitting in my driveway. Nothing in it to take. After that I left it unlocked. Despite that a could of months later the passenger window was broken and again there was nothing to take. The frustrated dimwit(s) smashed my sunglasses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom