• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    This is NOT for sale and I'm not soliciting offers but I just pulled this Armalite California built AR180 out of long term storage and was curious because I'm long out of the loop...….what's the current going rate for one in the sub-1000 serial number range with the original magazine and an original black Sterling vintage sling? Please excuse the oily look. It was bone dry and I felt it needed a good lube job. I ask because I want to start shooting this again but I won't if the price has gone silly.

P1190296_zpsc1zm0mjr.jpg

P1190297_zpspq7cx9n3_LI_zps26d0w7en.jpg

P1190298_zpsr1gwbfrc.jpg

P1190294_zpsmiidqcej.jpg

P1190292_zpscf0ojunn.jpg

P1190299_zpsudarolix.jpg

P1190300_zpsxtnz6vqu.jpg

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    It's weird how the world works sometimes. A couple buddies and I headed up to the Harrisburg show today. On the way home, we many times stop at some of the little bubba shops up in PA because sometimes you find some real gems hidden away in those places. They are usually used to catering to hunters and military stuff is lost on them. SOooooo, mixed in with some over priced 30 round USGI mags, I come across this little unmarked steel jobber for the princely sum of 30 bucks. I know those guys had a laugh when I left because they thought I was dumb to pay that much for what they thought was a common surplus AR magazine. In fact, the long bearded flannel dude at the register said, "WoW! You must really want that mag!" I just grinned as I walked out with my made in California before it was commiefornia magazine. As always, the devil is in the details. It may not be marked with words but when you learn how to read the details, it tells you exactly what it is. This is worth at least 5x what I paid for it:

P1190303_zpsibhdbpp4.jpg

P1190302_zpsx9poqhhh.jpg

P1190304_zpscythmuvh.jpg

P1190305_zpsg816w9le.jpg

P1190301_zpsv0c3bgoj.jpg

I had a good day today!

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    I ended up with a Masterpiece Arms MPAR because it was the closest I could legally get post FSA in MD.

If I ever get a freestate a AR180 is on the list.

Once in a while, being young a long time ago has its advantages. When I started buying, Miami Vice was all the rage on TV!

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    I ended up with a Masterpiece Arms MPAR because it was the closest I could legally get post FSA in MD.

If I ever get a freestate a AR180 is on the list.

Never even knew Masterpiece Arms made that.

I wish Brownells would make a retro BRN-180 upper that looked more like the original. It wouldn’t be that hard for them to do.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    It's weird how the world works sometimes. A couple buddies and I headed up to the Harrisburg show today. On the way home, we many times stop at some of the little bubba shops up in PA because sometimes you find some real gems hidden away in those places. They are usually used to catering to hunters and military stuff is lost on them. SOooooo, mixed in with some over priced 30 round USGI mags, I come across this little unmarked steel jobber for the princely sum of 30 bucks. I know those guys had a laugh when I left because they thought I was dumb to pay that much for what they thought was a common surplus AR magazine. In fact, the long bearded flannel dude at the register said, "WoW! You must really want that mag!" I just grinned as I walked out with my made in California before it was commiefornia magazine. As always, the devil is in the details. It may not be marked with words but when you learn how to read the details, it tells you exactly what it is. This is worth at least 5x what I paid for it:

P1190303_zpsibhdbpp4.jpg

P1190302_zpsx9poqhhh.jpg

P1190304_zpscythmuvh.jpg

P1190305_zpsg816w9le.jpg

P1190301_zpsv0c3bgoj.jpg

I had a good day today!

These usually sell for $100-150. Sometimes less. While rare most people don't know about them. Found one at a gun show for $10 that was crusty but a repark fixed it up.

Sterling curved 20s are more rare than these nowadays.

The sling for your rifle is worth money to a person with a Sterling. The correct Costa Mesa sling is the green buckle sling. Just had to track down a Sterling one myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom