• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Hi Bob,

I just clicked it from your post and it worked. Anyone else having trouble getting to it?

Thanks for your efforts, but I continue getting the "Forbidden" message.

Maybe I'll try a different browser, or maybe I'll blow it off. I do appreciate your efforts though.

kmb

Ultimate Member
    Jul 20, 2011
    I don’t totally disagree with this but, what I remember as being a primary factor working against us during the late 80’s (Schaefer :tdown:) and 90’s (Glendenning :tdown:) was the terribly effective anti-2A tactic of I-N-C-R-E-M-E-N-T-A-L-I-S-M (“just” Saturday Night Specials ... “just” well, everyone gets the idea ...)

Of course, where the lack of balls really did come in (still does come in all over America) (and what I can never forget if not forgive) is the “this doesn’t effect me (or the type of shooting I do)” mindset that countless MD firearms owners rationalized and really allowed the anti-2A movement in MD to (without even planning it) “DIVIDE & CONQUER”

Bloomberg just may have fvcked up by departing from that successful playbook and, in “going for it all,” awakened masses of Dominions ... :fingerscrossed:

I don’t want to start a flame war here so, I’ll just throw out that there were (remain :mad54: ) certain firearms / outdoor enthusiasts who didn’t feel threatened when the sh*t started incrementally in the 80’s, every 4 years (“just” Saturday Night Specials ... “just” evil guns ... just high cap mags ... just private transfers ...) and left the men and women protesting in Lawyers Square in Annapolis completely hanging.

I don’t know if I’ll ever forgive those worthless mutherfvckers for that ...

Heck, right here in WNC a couple years ago as we were 1/2 way through a sporting course one of the octogenarian old guard pillars of the Hickory shooting / gun club establishment puked up, “I don’t think anyone needs an assault rifle or high cap mags...”. It was the first time I’d ever met let alone shot with the elder and I was completely floored BUT, I am ever grateful to the much younger friend who had invited me to shoot with he and the other 3 “old guard pillars” when he took the old Fudd directly to task for such myopic mental dysentery ... (meanwhile, my mind flashed back THREE DECADES to Lawyers Square in Annapolis :sad20:

By now I hope it’s clear I’m not necessarily disagreeing; rather, what I see as a glaring difference between MD and VA is that MD was lost largely through “death by __ # of cuts” often not effecting wide swaths of firearms MD owners, every 4 years whereas pretty much every damn gun owner in VA (hunters, antique militaria collectors, trap shooters, hell, even precision competitors and even muzzleloaders only) are being threatened, with the flip of a switch ...

It really is heartening to see the Resistance building and spreading, though!!!!! :thumbsup: :party29:

holy crap. that was awesome to read.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom