• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    These sanctuaries don't do crap. We already have a few in MD and last I checked, I can't buy 30 round mags there, can't buy sporting rifles there, and can't buy handguns without a HQL there.

Yeah, we can all circle jerk each other after getting these laws passed but who cares if come the end of the day all the gun control laws are still followed by the local gun shops?

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    It was great to meet a handful of members at the MSI meeting today. Looking forward to seeing some of you Baltimore on Monday the 16th in regards to the SAFE act.

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    VIRGINIA CITIZENS DEFENSE LEAGUE and thousands of Virginia gun owners think it is worth the effort to join in organized political opposition to the Democrats’ anti-gun agenda.

https://www.pilotonline.com/governm...0191204-vkyduk34era55muaaxbd4vhq7e-story.html

The Second Amendment Sanctuary Movement resembles an Electoral College outcome: it shows respect for the Virginia Counties.

It is a way of expressing the desire by the more rural areas to have a say in their own life and liberty, to be free of the permanent corruption and power-mad political control of the entire Commonwealth literally dictated by the crime-ridden Democrat cities.

Those cities and their corrupt leaders destroy life and liberty in the rest of the Commonwealth, instead of just their limited geographical jurisdictions.

Sound familiar?

Attachments

• FF4712AB-2E33-4FDD-B2CE-7FCA1E894C4C.jpeg
      FF4712AB-2E33-4FDD-B2CE-7FCA1E894C4C.jpeg
      65.7 KB · Views: 422
    • A9B66A56-BD4B-4A88-8AF0-B53F9E7ED27D.jpeg
      A9B66A56-BD4B-4A88-8AF0-B53F9E7ED27D.jpeg
      66.2 KB · Views: 426
    • C33308CB-5BEF-4E40-AA19-62DB47774DE0.jpg
      C33308CB-5BEF-4E40-AA19-62DB47774DE0.jpg
      95.5 KB · Views: 448

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    Speaking of PP shirts :innocent0

Attachments

• 9EE7790C-5B5C-4C93-8AD9-94AB0634DF70.jpg
      9EE7790C-5B5C-4C93-8AD9-94AB0634DF70.jpg
      74.4 KB · Views: 431

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    These sanctuaries don't do crap. We already have a few in MD and last I checked, I can't buy 30 round mags there, can't buy sporting rifles there, and can't buy handguns without a HQL there.

Yeah, we can all circle jerk each other after getting these laws passed but who cares if come the end of the day all the gun control laws are still followed by the local gun shops?

I agree with you. We see all these shirts that say I or WE will not comply yet try to buy a standard capacity mag in MD and watch what happens. If we really ARE going to be resistance and like our founding fathers we need to be able to sell and transfer those without worrying about the the STATE. This also needs to happen on a national level. We should be sell them to CA, NY, VA if needed and ignore their unconstitutional laws as well.

I believe Carroll County WAS a 2A sanctuary county in 2013, but I am not sure about this new Sheriff DeWeese. He is an elected official and we should meet and talk about it with him.

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    I looked it up. Carroll County has been a 2A Sanctuary county since May 22, 2013 by vote of the county commissioners. To this day it still is. Now what that means I am not sure, but it should mean in Carroll County they will follow the US Constitution and not the will of the Frosh.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009

So what are you willing to do to change the situation?

Do you expect gun store owners to go to jail for breaking the law? Are YOU willing to go to jail for breaking the law?

Maybe you might go to the source of these laws, and explain your dissatisfaction to your legislature.

Perhaps you'd be willing to donate the price of a new AR to MSI, so their lawsuits can progress?

Too much? Maybe the price of a case of ammo? A box of ammo?

With 26,552 members on this site, if everyone kicked in $25 to MSI, they'd have $663,000 to put toward these lawsuite. These suits are super-expensive, and we don't have Mike Bloomberg's $52,000,000,000.00 to buy legislators, presidencies and voters.

Put up or shut up is something I hear a lot. Talk is cheap. Actions speak louder than words. All this is true.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland

Do you expect gun store owners to go to jail for breaking the law? Are YOU willing to go to jail for breaking the law?

Maybe you might go to the source of these laws, and explain your dissatisfaction to your legislature.

Perhaps you'd be willing to donate the price of a new AR to MSI, so their lawsuits can progress?

With 26,552 members on this site, if everyone kicked in $25 to MSI, they'd have $663,000 to put toward these lawsuite. These suits are super-expensive, and we don't have Mike Bloomberg's $52,000,000,000.00 to buy legislators, presidencies and voters.

Put up or shut up is something I hear a lot. Talk is cheap. Actions speak louder than words. All this is true.

well that sounds like a challenge what say yunz MDS people

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Sanctuary movements are free. Look how many folks turned out in VA on moments notice - a completely grassroots movement. It wasn't the NRA or VCDL making this happen. One county stepped-up and 80 others followed within 4 weeks. Petition a councilperson, get it on the agenda and publicize the hell out of it. I hope what's happening in VA spurs a national movement to stand up for the Bill of Rights.

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019

Thank you BobA for your wise words of wisdom and encouragement.

I certainly understand why some in here are discouraged.

But don’t blame the 2A sanctuary message, especially since the movement hasn’t been actively supported in every corner of Maryland.

The point of a Second Amendment Sanctuary movement is to demonstrate statewide political agreement, and Maryland hasn’t done that.

Yet.

VCDL wasn’t looking for one or two symbolic Virginia counties.

Instead VCDL began by rapidly UNITING their members to ORGANIZE and FIGHT in EVERY COUNTY, CITY and TOWN to put a 2A sanctuary resolution on the agenda.

They’re succeeding.

Proposed anti-gun owner bills in VA are being hastily revised, and ridiculous DemocRat threats of use of military force reveal their utter depravity and ignorance; fundamentally, it’s political panic.

It didn’t matter that DemocRat bigots and RINO’s in some VA jurisdictions have refused to pass the Resolution; these traitors are typically still required to publicly go on record to VOTE IT DOWN, which continues to RAISE the 2A movement’s profile.

Maryland can do this too.

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    MARYLANDER IS LIVING SYMBOL OF NATIONAL 2A SANCTUARY MOVEMENT

By the way, I’m apologizing to Jeff Hulbert and everyone here for not originally taking enough time to properly title this thread.

When the “THE TRUTH ABOUT GUNS” (TTAG) website published their news story recently describing the exploding national SECOND AMENDMENT SANCTUARY movement - - the reason for me starting this thread - - TTAG properly understood they were also writing the “first draft” of modern Second Amendment history.

Which is perhaps why, in selecting a single image to illustrate that story, TTAG didn’t choose a figure from America’s past fight for Second Amendment rights.

Instead they chose someone who has arguably been making history, now.

So I eventually came to regret my hasty thread title choice, because Jeff is properly a “living symbol” - - a man of genuine action, not a contrived image such as is found on a “poster” like an action movie poster.

Also no “boy” has Jeff’s white hair.

Boys also don’t consciously choose to stand up for the rights of all by risking arrest and prosecution to stop corrupt politicians, cops and Congressmen.

In retrospect, I realize I typed the term “poster boy” into the thread title partially to be an understood as entertaining characterization - - selfishly, as shorthand - - blithely intending to evoke the action figure.

But in truth what Jeff is currently accomplishing is not fictional, nor is the risk to him a form of entertainment that only lasts for 110 minutes.

Though I used the description in the “literary” sense, as depicted below, I feel neither “happy” nor “carefree” about it now.

So the title at the top of this post box is what I should have originally named this thread, and I hope MDS readers will forgive my poor choice, and accept my revised title as properly respecting what TTAG intended, and what Jeff has done in his life to earn a place at the top of that Second Amendment article.

I didn’t consult with Jeff before I titled this thread; I may be making another mistake now because Jeff doesn’t know I am writing and posting this retraction.

Sorry, brother.

I’m doing it because this thread will survive long after both of us are gone, and I am admitting my mistake and hoping there is no shame here in correcting that mistake. Thanks.

Attachments

• DD47BD4E-5934-4EF0-8172-E3E707B7C0AD.jpeg
      DD47BD4E-5934-4EF0-8172-E3E707B7C0AD.jpeg
      51.4 KB · Views: 302

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    I get the thread title completely DL. No need to apologize. I knew how to interpret it from the go.

“Big truss” to you and Jeff, Jeff being undisputed 2A MVP, with facilitator being this site.

Lots of great here.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    Bah, Brothers are meant for kicking around. Wouldn't have it any-other way. I owe mine for being there no matter what happened. ;):innocent0:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom