• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Other hunter is worried it would jeopardize his permission if he starts having the law get in there. Remember he isnt the land owner in this situation/Happy he got his stuff back. Not sure what they would do anyway If I called it in since its not my property in this case. So far I've not had any intrusions on my side (Clarify - since the original tresspass expedition) and I have good cam coverage. If I get a few too many in me I might send her a shitmail reminder her how lucky she is to not have theft charges being filed. Possibly felony theft. It was two millenniums and 2 sets of hawk climbing sticks. Enough to get your to 25+ ft in 2 trees. Pretty sure its still theft even if you recover the property.

Nope call DNR now. I can understand the friend/neighbor not wanting to get involved, but you can still call DNR and get their advice and make them aware of the situation. They’ll generally make a record of such a contact. It’s more standing if it happens again (to you) rather than your word against theirs it’s been on going.

You can still tell DNR what happened to the neighboring hunters and they don’t want to mess with police or charges, but YOU are worried this neighbor is going to escalate with you and trespass again, steal your stuff or interfere with your hunting.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nah the farm manager admitted in person that he did it and was told to do it.

Thank you! I didn’t think he would have trespassed and taken your property “just because” if you never had issue with him in the past. I’d just have a nice friendly chat with him and tell him he’s on notice for the future and you realize he’s working for a dumb ass.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Thank you! I didn’t think he would have trespassed and taken your property “just because” if you never had issue with him in the past. I’d just have a nice friendly chat with him and tell him he’s on notice for the future and you realize he’s working for a dumb ass.

I’d try to have the friendly chat with the farm manager and let him know he has the choice of telling his boss he won’t commit a crime and trespass or steal stuff again. Or he can get reported for trespassing and theft if it occurs again.

Maybe lose your job from a bit job boss. Or maybe go to jail, pay a lawyer, fines and have a criminal record.

GutPile

Ultimate Member
    Jul 4, 2016
    Hunter got back to me. They seemed to have worked out an understanding. Seems cooler heads prevailed.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    I would never..... ever...... get the DNR involved because once she figures out they work for her too she'll exploit that opportunity to the fullest extent.

Save them for when you need them.

One day shes really going to act up. Some one earlier pointed out the best thing you can do is inform Ive been doing this for x amount of years safely ethically and inside the confines of the law without any problem.
    You've just seen the I'm trying to be a country person deportment when the stands were seized. Not very well thought out strategy. Next will be the blow up behavior because they embarrassed themselves.

OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    What Doco said.

This is getting goofy. The horses are not in any more danger than a person really, unless they get loose but that’s kinda rare. Others as well as myself have mentioned contacting DNR and now it may also be best to talk to the local police if only to be the first to make that contact...
    I don’t hunt but must say there are too many deer .... get out there and eat these damn things!

It's not goofy, she (English Horse Lady), hence forth referred to as EHL, detests hunting and the "cruel, senseless MURDER of Gods creatures for SPORT!" That's becoming my take on this. Yeah, EHL cares about her precious babies, but she cares MORE about controlling your "rights", rights that she feels you "rebellious colonists" don't have a "right" to have! In other words, I think it's becoming more about ideology, then horsehide. Go get her, gut, this is becoming about 'Merica now...

Haha, sorry to trigger you.
    That's okay, I installed a custom trigger with a fast reset...:rolleyes:

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    It's not goofy, she (English Horse Lady), hence forth referred to as EHL, detests hunting and the "cruel, senseless MURDER of Gods creatures for SPORT!" That's becoming my take on this. Yeah, EHL cares about her precious babies, but she cares MORE about controlling your "rights", rights that she feels you "rebellious colonists" don't have a "right" to have! In other words, I think it's becoming more about ideology, then horsehide. Go get her, gut, this is becoming about 'Merica now...

Which discipline of English?

Not sure how I pissed in your cereal, was not my intention. It’s been a decent discussion until the comments that are borderline trolling.

GutPile

Ultimate Member
    Jul 4, 2016

Im not "gettin" anyone. My goal here is to be left alone and have my property rights respected. But you are probably right on the underlying cause.

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    It seems my son-in-law pissed off our crazy horse people neighbors this morning.
    He had my permission to function test a new build this morning while I was working(my wife was home) so he was in the back field shooting. He was just packing up when some old man (not the owner, I've talked with her before) came walking through the woods to tell him he's shooting too fast and the noise is too loud and it's scaring the horses.
    Long story short he called the police and 2 of them came over with the old man in tow. This is not the first time I've had the police over because these horse people don't like us shooting, and every time we're told everything is good and we're legal doing what we do. Today was no different, my sil talked to the sherrif's deputies and walked them back to show them our setup and we were told everything is legal and good to go. AGAIN.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    It's clear they just bought a place in the wrong neighborhood. If you buy a place near the airport, don't be surprised if you hear planes. Buy near the railroad, don't be surprised by the horn and the rumble. Near a church...bells, near the volunteer fire company...fire whistle...etc...etc...etc.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    It seems my son-in-law pissed off our crazy horse people neighbors this morning.
    He had my permission to function test a new build this morning while I was working(my wife was home) so he was in the back field shooting. He was just packing up when some old man (not the owner, I've talked with her before) came walking through the woods to tell him he's shooting too fast and the noise is too loud and it's scaring the horses.
    Long story short he called the police and 2 of them came over with the old man in tow. This is not the first time I've had the police over because these horse people don't like us shooting, and every time we're told everything is good and we're legal doing what we do. Today was no different, my sil talked to the sherrif's deputies and walked them back to show them our setup and we were told everything is legal and good to go. AGAIN.
    Some friends of mine were in the same situation, and they started calling the local sheriff's office ahead of time to let them know that they were going to shoot. It helped stave off the annoying neighbors and police visits.

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    Some friends of mine were in the same situation, and they started calling the local sheriff's office ahead of time to let them know that they were going to shoot. It helped stave off the annoying neighbors and police visits.

My buddy does the same thing for controlled burns. Makes everyone's life easier.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville

Officers asked me to call and tell them when I’m going to shoot, 3-4 times a week, so I called the PD and they said don’t bother because if they get a call for gun fire they Must check it out, I would think they would have to right? Especially in the current atmosphere.

The LEOs that came out did not like walking down the hill which happened only once in many years. 10K plus rnds per year.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    It's clear they just bought a place in the wrong neighborhood. If you buy a place near the airport, don't be surprised if you hear planes. Buy near the railroad, don't be surprised by the horn and the rumble. Near a church...bells, near the volunteer fire company...fire whistle...etc...etc...etc.

Like I said earlier, "county disclosures".

But I was dismissed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom