• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mega

Wolverine
    Feb 18, 2009
    Lewes, DE
    If you had a stock T barrel that shot atleast that good would you still send it out to get cut? I can't decide if I should or not with my factory gun. It really needs work done to the factory trigger but with Lapua ammo at 25 yrds. it shoots the low .2's. I'm thinking with a better trigger I can do abit better, but if the gun already shoots that good will having the barrel recut and chambered really improve things much.

Factory barrels have a much looser chamber than a Bentz chamber, which reduces accuracy. That is why the factory barrels can run stingers and other similar hot loads.

If you have the factory barrel set back and re-chambered, understand that you will be restricted to standard or subsonic loads. Not a bad thing for target shooting, as stingers are not as accurate. A tight(er) chamber is a good thing when shooting for score.

The trigger in my SS/A breaks clean at 2.5#'s which is fine with me. :)

JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    Ruger1022-1.jpg

Not the best pic, but alot of fun.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Factory barrels have a much looser chamber than a Bentz chamber, which reduces accuracy. That is why the factory barrels can run stingers and other similar hot loads.

If you have the factory barrel set back and re-chambered, understand that you will be restricted to standard or subsonic loads. Not a bad thing for target shooting, as stingers are not as accurate. A tight(er) chamber is a good thing when shooting for score.

The trigger in my SS/A breaks clean at 2.5#'s which is fine with me. :)

I only shoot target loads out of my gun anyway so that's not a concern. I'm just wondering if having it re-cut will always improve accuracy. I guess my answer is that no matter what, it won't hurt.

Mega

Wolverine
    Feb 18, 2009
    Lewes, DE
    I've been having some ejection problems with my 10/22... Details are here:
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=15425

I now realize I posted it in the wrong forum, but it was late and Jack Daniels is a mofo. :lol: Was hoping someone might be able to help me out.

Two suggestions...

Check the sticky at the top of the RFC "10/22 Action" section. Your question can probably be answered there.
    http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11

If the reference section doesn't help, post your question into the action section and you should be able to resolve the issue pretty quickly.

Hope this helps...

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    OK, I'll play. Here's my ghetto blaster. 10/22 with Butler Creek folder and AAC Pilot suppressor. The scope is an actual sniper scope from a Yugo M76 taken from trip to Bosnia. It's crazy accurate and I used it to teach my daughters how to shoot.

CIMG1945.jpg

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    OK, I'll play. Here's my ghetto blaster. 10/22 with Butler Creek folder and AAC Pilot suppressor. The scope is an actual sniper scope from a Yugo M76 taken from trip to Bosnia. It's crazy accurate and I used it to teach my daughters how to shoot.

CIMG1945.jpg

NICE!!:thumbsup:
    I'm working on a build on the same Butler Creek folder. I need to put some optics on it and i'm done. I have a quadrail built on it. I'll take pics this week, I hsould have bought a red dot while I was at DSG the other day.

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    I wish I could make an affordable belt fed .22. Ive seen the vindicator but that thing is soo expensive. I might get that dual 10/22 gatling gun, but at that price [1000+] I could probably find a 1919A4

HarEngSer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 4, 2008
    Bel Air
    just picked up my first 10/22. Had a full length laminated mannlicher (spelling) stock and I just can't pass up anything this shiney. The previous owner did a trigger job on it and it feels awesome. Haven't been able to shoot it yet though :envy:

This picture doesn't do it justice.

DSC01365Medium.jpg

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    My dad has that exact model. It's a Walmart only gun frmt he 90's. his is a great shooter and he gets compliments every time we take it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom