• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shocka04

Jan 17, 2012
    Calvert County
    This past Saturday, I had the pleasure to take the Competitive Shooting Skills - Pistol course with DDC. Trevor and Bennett, hope I got both of your names right, were great instructors. They were able to instruct us on how to become proficient within IDPA and USPSA. We ran through a lot of drills and they also showed us how fast they were able to run the same drills accurately. I believe we all left with more confidence than we came with. There is a local IDPA match in a couple weeks that will be my first and am now looking forward to.

This class also served as a reminder to think again about taking a summer class. Heat index was up to 114 and I think we were all done by the end of it.

Thanks again guys. I feel much better about getting into both IDPA and USPSA. I will also keep an eye out for more classes from you.

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    Thank you for the kind words!

For being a relatively new shooter you picked up the concepts very quickly and above all displayed exemplary safety while handling the gun. Thank you for that!

For those interested here is a link to the course description:
    http://www.ddctraining.net/Competitive Shooting.asp

we will be releasing our fall/winter/spring schedule by the end of this month.

Cheers,
    Trevor S.

dd4u

Aug 15, 2016
    Competitive shooting skills--pistol

I also took this course from DDC last Saturday. I had trained with DDC's Trevor before, and I have come to appreciate his professionalism and commit,net to his students. This, too, was a great course, apart from the intense heat. Many thanks to Trevor and Bennett.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I'm interested in taking this class. I'm planning to register for next Thrusday's USPSA match at TMGN. After that I should have a good idea of what skills I need to improve, likely all of them :D

Apr 8, 2012
    Earth
    Definitely the hottest day I've ever handled a gun! It got to the point where my hands were super slippery and my brain was working at 75%. But through it all, Trevor and Bennet maintained their professionalism and focus on safety. I never once felt I was in danger, even with all that heat.

I learned about things to think about when running a stage, some fun drills to do at home and the range, and also about equipment setup for competition vs. SD/HD.

I'm going to sign up again for a fall class now that I have a baseline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom