• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    For the AR kit I've seen the send a pre bent metal insert that you put in the mold before you pour the polymer... in terms if percentage, its probably less than 10% complete before you pour the mix and complete the other 90... only difference is you are adding material instead or removing it to complete the receiver... can't imagine how it would differ much for a handgun vs AR.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    It won't affect it as much as you think. Under Federal law, an out of state transaction needs to meet the same state legal requirements as a transaction in the purchaser's state of residence. It's why an MD resident can't just drive to PA to buy a GOV-profile barrel AR-15.
    Yes for rifles, but how would handguns from out-of-state work? If non-resident can buy, would FFL have to go through MD regulations? Not versed in the lawsuit, but inter-state sales of handguns ruling may set a maximum standard for background checks - NICS.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    How long before they start questioning people at public/private ranges? Some pink hat person can just say "I heard 80% at this range" and out of concern for public safety authorities would "have" to investigate. "See something, Say something" Times they are a changing.

I find that a lot of people do not know about many of the old laws and less about the new laws, wait until it is made known to all how many ways they can stop "the noisy range next door" or legal hunters that many don't care for.

A guy posted on some other threads how he puts used Glock slides on his 80% builds so they have at least some semblance of a serialized Glock if states/feds started banning ghost guns......

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    A guy posted on some other threads how he puts used Glock slides on his 80% builds so they have at least some semblance of a serialized Glock if states/feds started banning ghost guns......

I’ll happily put a serial # on my 1911’s and Glocks. I have a metal stamping set.

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    Yes for rifles, but how would handguns from out-of-state work? If non-resident can buy, would FFL have to go through MD regulations? Not versed in the lawsuit, but inter-state sales of handguns ruling may set a maximum standard for background checks - NICS.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

If that case is won, it would just make handgun purchases the same as long guns are now. The laws of both the state of residence of the purchaser and the state of sell have to be followed. A DC or MD resident could then buy a handgun in VA, but the VA FFL would still have to make sure the MD resident has an HQL and the DC resident follows all the registration ********.

This would still be awesome for those of us in DC, since currently there is only one public serving FFL in DC, and he charges $125. So handgun purchases get expensive quick. But for long guns that isn’t an issue. You just buy elsewhere.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    How much $ are needed for tooling/jigs etc to finish a 80% Glock frame?
    Does anyone know if there are 80% M&P frames?
    Don’t need anymore AR’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    How much $ are needed for tooling/jigs etc to finish a 80% Glock frame?
    Does anyone know if there are 80% M&P frames?
    Don’t need anymore AR’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can literally do a Glock with a drill and nail clippers.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Idiots. We need to make two points:

1. Pass ANY firearm law, and you create a buying frenzy.
    2. There is NO spot in MD that is more than 90 minutes drive from another state. Usually less. And since 80% receivers are NOT considered firearms by the Federal Government, people can buy out of state.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Idiots. We need to make two points:

1. Pass ANY firearm law, and you create a buying frenzy.
    2. There is NO spot in MD that is more than 90 minutes drive from another state. Usually less. And since 80% receivers are NOT considered firearms by the Federal Government, people can buy out of state.

They won’t care.

I will not comply with any further gun laws.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    They won’t care.

I will not comply with any further gun laws.

I have resolved that if I find myself on a jury, any and all gun related charges will be "not guilty" regardless of the circumstances. I will hang the jury on those charges, if needed.

Of course, the crime committed by defendant doesn't get such an easy pass - those are the ones to be considered "beyond reasonable doubt".

SPQM

May 21, 2014
    The only way they can actually make a "Ghost Gun" law that actually 'works' legally, is to ban (or heavily restrict/regulate) the sale of firearm components such as barrels, bolts, etc.

SO WATCH ANY GHOST GUN BILL CAREFULLY.

It'll probably be sold as stopping the "flow of illegal untraceable guns to the streets" to the general public, but if you look at the bill, it will probably say something like this:

SEC. 2. FIREARM ASSEMBLY KITS CONSIDERED TO BE FIREARMS.

Section 921(a) of title 18, United States Code, is amended—

(1) in paragraph (3), by striking “or (D) any destructive device” and inserting “; (D) any destructive device; or (E) any combination of parts designed or intended for use in converting any device into a firearm and from which a firearm may be readily assembled”; and

The text they're amending is:

(3) The term “firearm” means (A) any weapon (including a starter gun) which will or is designed to or may readily be converted to expel a projectile by the action of an explosive; (B) the frame or receiver of any such weapon; (C) any firearm muffler or firearm silencer; or (D) any destructive device. Such term does not include an antique firearm.

to add (E) "any combination of parts designed or intended for use in converting any device into a firearm and from which a firearm may be readily assembled”

Which basically turns firearms parts into a FFL controlled item requiring a FFL and 4473/NICS.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    It all comes down to how fat Mike feels about it. Wierder things have been stuck in a drawer even though they were shoe ins, just on fat Mike's whim. If he wants a ban, its going thru no matter how its argued against.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Md. lawmakers look to ban untraceable guns in next session

How can you ban something that you can't quantify?

Easy. Set a precedent by banning plastic add-ons to self loading rifles (Bump-stocks). Then, use that precedent to ban paperweights that have the potential to be turned into something else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom