• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cnw126

Oct 16, 2016
    Freeland
    I was very impressed with the show. Spent to much $ but got some good stuff. I will definitely go again next year.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I went to York for the first time today, and I gotta say, it was underwhelming compared to the hype. Chantilly arguably had some better deals than I saw at York, and I spent most of my money with Dennis Todd anyways... who's also at Chantilly. York had a better selection of older rifles, but that was about it.

This is not to say it's a bad show, but I would not say it was leaps and bounds better than Chantilly.

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    I went up on Saturday, a lot more empty tables than I've seen in the past. I picked up 5 standard capacity magazines and bought a Ruger Mark ll Target pistol for a good price.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I went to York for the first time today, and I gotta say, it was underwhelming compared to the hype. Chantilly arguably had some better deals than I saw at York, and I spent most of my money with Dennis Todd anyways... who's also at Chantilly. York had a better selection of older rifles, but that was about it.

This is not to say it's a bad show, but I would not say it was leaps and bounds better than Chantilly.

York is usually a blend of MD and PA dealers, so it varies a bit, and there are different shows, this was a "regular" one, the 3 day shows are usually bigger, shows featuring collectors clubs can be awesome. There are a lot of upstate dealers that don't go to York for one reason or another, but they do go to Harrisburg and Oaks. Both usually have 1000 tables for most shows, the spring Oaks show had twice that, was probably the biggest show I've attended. The spring Harrisburg show featured a machine gun collectors club, the show was big, but features probably 50 tables of MGs and parts, awesome to see, lots of people selling and trading stuff, even a few deals on non NFA stuff.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    There's a decent chance I'll hit Harrisburg this year, too, as I have a friend who really wants to go. Just seems like driving 1.5 hours each way to go grab some mags at over-MSRP pricing isn't really the great experience it could be.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    There's a decent chance I'll hit Harrisburg this year, too, as I have a friend who really wants to go. Just seems like driving 1.5 hours each way to go grab some mags at over-MSRP pricing isn't really the great experience it could be.

Also go for the experience and reminder of how the free states get to live. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom