• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Change your Texas CHL to non resident . That will allow you to carry in PA , VA , DE and West Virginia

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Since the OP stated he is an Employee Dr , and not an Owner/ Partner , he would be probably dependent upon an Owner/ important Partner writing a Letter of Request ( at least for straight up Business Purposes ). Should you hang out your own shingle , or gain an ownership stake , you can endorse yourself .

( Is it required/ customary for MD to be contractually enslaved to their employers 24/7/365 ? Or is it possible/ ethical for them to start up a side enterprise ? )

lowoncash

Baned
    Jan 4, 2010
    Calvert county
    Do you have a DD-214? Makes the HQL easier.

Contact MSI (Maryland Shall Issue) for assistance with the permit process. Did or do you have a clearance?

You don't have anywhere near enough guns.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Still a True Statement . A person with a Texas Non-Resident Permit is indeed able to carry concealed in West Virginia. :)

But smart alec-ness aside , it IS significant for a Marylander to hold a Texas Non-Resident Permit , as it is one of only Two Non-Resident currently accepted by Penna .

songlaw

Aug 2, 2017
    Clarksville
    Scharf:

Welcome to MD. I guess I am a contrarian. Despite our gun laws, I prefer living in MD to any state I have been to thus far. Good schools, probably, if not great schools, in any area a doctor will likely live. Generally, a well-educated citizenry. I have three kids who have gone through Montgomery County and Howard County public schools, one of whom has autism. We simply could not have had similar services in most other states. My mother, who, like most of us, hates to pay taxes, after seeing the level of services provided by the local school systems to her grandson, stated "now, I don't mind paying taxes."

The roads are generally in much better condition than our neighbors. The state and local governments, while not perfect, does not have some nutjob pedophile running for a senate seat.

Don't let all of the negative talk you've heard dissuade you. If you otherwise have a clean background, you should have little problem obtaining a CCW permit, based on your occupation.

Again, welcome to Maryland.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    That's more of an endorsement of a cpl neighborhoods in HoCo and Upper MoCo , a decade ago , than Md overall, or currently .

( Use imagination for rant about imploding schools , politicians in prison , and school system only stepping up to deal with son's Autism under threat of legal action , after having caused major regression. And paying taxes out the butt . Roads only medium suck , but the projects drag out five times longer than necessary, causing their own rash of issues.)

songlaw

Aug 2, 2017
    Clarksville
    That's more of an endorsement of a cpl neighborhoods in HoCo and Upper MoCo , a decade ago , than Md overall, or currently .

( Use imagination for rant about imploding schools , politicians in prison , and school system only stepping up to deal with son's Autism under threat of legal action , after having caused major regression. And paying taxes out the butt . Roads only medium suck , but the projects drag out five times longer than necessary, causing their own rash of issues.)

Bigfoot:

If you reread, you will note that I said "in any area a doctor will likely live". This is not for everybody. I did not say that all of MD is good, and there are no craphole neigborhoods/school systems.

For someone like the OP, who is well educated, and likely makes a good income, resulting in his having more choices/opportunities than some, he will be fine in MD.

I agree that the road projects take too long. However, PA road projects take MUCH longer. MD roads are far better than in Washington state, NY, DC. I make a decent living, and don't mind paying my share of taxes for good schools and good roads. I never said that I threatened to sue any school to get services. My youngest is only a few years out of school. This is recent personal experience.

The situation is not good in some places. However, in my experience, the other side of the fence is not as good. If the SOLE measure is the gun laws, then I have no argument to make. However, overall, I prefer MD. I have a CCW for MD and PA(non-resident). It was a pain getting it. However, I would go through that and live in MD, than go elsewhere. Just my 2 cents.

Was just telling the OP that all does not suck in MD. There is room for a contrary opinion, I hope.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Change your Texas CHL to non resident . That will allow you to carry in PA , VA , DE and West Virginia

You can update your change of address for your Texas LTC here:

https://txapps.texas.gov/txapp/txdps/ltc/login.do

It'll let you carry in the four states surrounding Maryland and can also be used as state issued photo ID to enter the Senate and House office buildings in Annapolis to testify against BS gun laws.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom