• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    So the antis are making a big deal about "fake permits" being used by criminals and prohibited people in the absence of a 24/7 database.

My questions are:

1) What states currently have a 24/7 database accessible for LEO of other states
    2) Can LEO access NICS?
    3) If #2 is a no and LEO cannot access a database from another state, and we needed a Senate vote or two, would you be OK with LEOs being able to use NICS as a secondary verification source? My thought is this can be done quickly and will eliminate 99% of any fake or prohibited people. It would also help prevent states like NJ from holding people in jail over the weekend while they wait for the other states' offices to open.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    In other news: Creating fake documentation for illegal aliens is perfectly acceptable.

And to address your concerns, NO, I'm not OK with LE going into NICS to check the validity of anything.

The government already has too much power. Yet citizens, for their own selfish reasons, want to grant more power to the government.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    They do have a 24/7 database to check, NCIC.

If someone pops for a felony, and has a gun permit. They are likely a prohibited person.

This is already being done, btw.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    The government creating legal documentation for illegal aliens seems to be perfectly acceptable as well.

That's the kicker.

The government will bend over backwards to help illegal alien non-citizens.

But when US born and bred real-citizens ask for our rights to be recognized, our government flips us the bird.

Backwards as can be.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Most states already recognize permits from many other states. They have no problem with counterfeit permits.

This is a phony argument which relies on the audience not realizing that concealed carry is already legal in most of the country, and that the fantasy terrors of "blood in the streets" and "shootouts at stop signs" simply do not occur.

Think about that: concealed carry is already legal in most of the country, and most people don't even realize it simply because the mythical terrors do not exist.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Many LEO's can access other states' permit database through NLETS. The problem is many don't.

access map below

Attachments

• NLETS.jpg
      NLETS.jpg
      57.4 KB · Views: 288
    Last edited:

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    Think about that: concealed carry is already legal in most of the country, and most people don't even realize it simply because the mythical terrors do not exist.

Concealed carry is legal in ALL states, most of them, all but 9 are shall issue.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Just more proof Dems are full of sh*t. They don't seem to care about doing anything about illegal Social Security cards, licenses, or any number of other things yet they bring up the possibility of illegal CCW permits and it's "OMG the sky is falling"
    F them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    You know, it really disturbs me to think any 16 year old kid can get a License to Drive a ton of steel down the public road, can get that license in some jerkwater state like Idaho or Arkansas (with lord knows what training) and then use that license in any other state, no matter how different the driving conditions may be.

And how is a police officer in California or New York, when presented with a supposed "driver's license" from some no-account state no one ever heard of, like "Indiana" or "Delaware," how, I say, how is that police officer supposed to determine if the license is real or a clever fake?

Such a scheme could never work. It is a recipe for chaos and disaster. Blood would flow in the streets. There would be confusion at stop signs. Untrained hayseeds from Flyover Country would attempt to pump their own gas in New Jersey. Dogs marrying cats, men marrying women... where would it end?

Attachments

• Frosh.jpg
      Frosh.jpg
      23.5 KB · Views: 245

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    Many LEO's can access otherst states' permit database through NLETS. The problem is many don't.

access map below

In our current world, I'd have to say that is a "feature" more than a "problem." Do you really want MSP or a NJ statie knowing you have a VA NR permit on a traffic stop? All of a sudden your VA CHP becomes probable cause for a Bolshevik storm trooper to detain you and search your vehicle.

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    Concealed carry is legal in ALL states, most of them, all but 9 are shall issue.

Realistically only 5 are MD style may issue. CA, HI, MD, NJ, NY (NYC), MA (Boston). DE, CT, and RI have some idiotic hoops to jump through, but you don't need a "good and substantial reason." Many counties in CA are essentially shall issue. Same for most of MA, and NY.

Summed up, we are looking at the entire country vs. a concentration of communists in coastal CA, HI, NYC, NJ, MD, and Boston (and their conspirators). Everywhere else in the country is already carrying legally.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    In our current world, I'd have to say that is a "feature" more than a "problem." Do you really want MSP or a NJ statie knowing you have a VA NR permit on a traffic stop? All of a sudden your VA CHP becomes probable cause for a Bolshevik storm trooper to detain you and search your vehicle.

If NJ was forced to recognize that VA NR permit there shouldn't be an issue

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    If NJ was forced to recognize that VA NR permit there shouldn't be an issue

Agree somewhat, IF NR becomes law. I was speaking to our current world.

Even if NR become law, it only covers handguns. Let’s say you are going hunting in Maine, get pulled over on the NJ turnpike. Statie sees you have a CCW permit somewhere and decides to run you through the ringer with your .30-06 in the trunk. You are swimming in the same can of shit as you are now, FOPA be damned. Let you and your lawyer sort that out. If by some miracle this passes, expect the Gulags to double down on their long gun transport laws and everything else.

If they can validate a permit by number in NLETS, fine. But to see every permit someone has by name, no thanks.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Just more proof Dems are full of sh*t. They don't seem to care about doing anything about illegal Social Security cards, licenses, or any number of other things yet they bring up the possibility of illegal CCW permits and it's "OMG the sky is falling"
    F them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And here is the beauty. Let them cry about it, plea their case, shout from the roof tops... then use the very same arguments about other illegal things like immigration or MD's new marijuana cards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom