• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    The thing is you can say all of this with Daniel Defense, FN, HK, POF, NEMO, COLT, RADIENT, BCM, NOVESKE, WILSON COMBAT, DTWS, etc...

I mean if your so intent on criticizing a Manufacturer, then Build your OWN and BLAME yourself for FAILURE or lack of innovation but that innovation is what is only available to you...

I believe The Market has reached a certain pinnacle with innovation and was dependent on ANTI-GUN Fever to fuel the Sales and maintain competition.

Now with what WE THINK is a Lull, the competition for your Dollar is more apparent than ever.

The Market is Politically Driven not by consumption in that effect because the Firearm lasts longer than most tools...

DevinRPD

May 3, 2017
    Talbot
    i took their individual carbine armorer's course and i really dont see what the fuss is about their mono handguards. their easy to remove and they arent going anywhere if you install them right. only problem that could come up is rail mounting options and im guessing thats why they came out with the mlok. but from my own experience with all types of DI's compared to LWRC's piston you arent going to find a cleaner running rifle. id suggest against welding a different handguard system on there :lol:

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    I like my lwrc's. have 3 that have thousands of rounds through them without a problem. Probably the ONLY thing that my favorite gun guy and I disagree on.

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    Short Piston Guns have higher rates of issues with extraction. It increases when a suppressor or booster is installed. I saw LWRC guns with fixed gas block and suppressors installed, beat the piston cup up before they went to adjustable gas.

What happens with a direct impingement gun is the gas system works as an expansion chamber which delays the extraction process. This delayed extraction allows the casing pressure to drop significantly to ease extraction.

Whith a gas piston system there is no delay it immediately starts to unlock and try to pull the casing from the chamber.
    Very interesting. I own 2 REPR's (16" and 20" barrel) and I am wondering if this would cause a higher rate of extractor failures. If so do the REPR's have beefier extractors ? The extractors on my REPR's are larger than on my AR's but I just thought that was because they're 7.62 NATO.
    Thanks in advance.
    Steve

Last edited:

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    A friend has a piston 308. It's been a decent gun until recently. We were shooting together and he couldn't hit a 18" plate at about 75 yards. He has a rifle rest and brought it out and put the rifle in it. It was throwing rounds all over? He tried 2 other types of ammo. 1 showed a small improvement. But still wasn't able to ring the plate. Grabbed his scar 17 and with all 3 types of ammo he couldn't miss the plate. So he is planning to send it back to LWRC and have it rebarreled. He has about 500 rds threw that gun since new. I guess we will see what happens?

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    A friend has a piston 308. It's been a decent gun until recently. We were shooting together and he couldn't hit a 18" plate at about 75 yards. He has a rifle rest and brought it out and put the rifle in it. It was throwing rounds all over? He tried 2 other types of ammo. 1 showed a small improvement. But still wasn't able to ring the plate. Grabbed his scar 17 and with all 3 types of ammo he couldn't miss the plate. So he is planning to send it back to LWRC and have it rebarreled. He has about 500 rds threw that gun since new. I guess we will see what happens?

I would start with checking all the obvious things first like the sites. A lot of guns get blamed for bad/cheap/broken/loose sites or scopes. I would also check to make sure the muzzle device and the gas block is tight.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I would start with checking all the obvious things first like the sites. A lot of guns get blamed for bad/cheap/broken/loose sites or scopes. I would also check to make sure the muzzle device and the gas block is tight.

His site is a acog and nothing loose there. He is a retired PG Swat team leader. The only thing I'm not certain he checked was the gas piston itself, other than that he has been in and out checking pretty much everything else. It's On Its way Back To LWRC and they can look at it.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    I have one of the IC models. Before purchasing one, I emailed LWRCI asking questions about their products so I could decide which to buy. I received back the most thoughtful and lengthy emails helping me to decide what to purchase. After 500+ flawless rounds the BCG looks like not a single round has been fired through it. All the grease I put on it gleams like new and I have had to do nothing but clean the barrel.

Recently I broke off one of the screws in the rail and called LWRCI for help. I asked about sending it in for repair and someone walked me through how to do it on my own before spending money to send it to them. Later, I emailed to thank them for help and asked where I can buy more screws and what size they are. 5 days later a bag of screws and some SWAG showed up in my mailbox.

In my experience, LWRC is a fantastic company manufacturing fantastic rifles. Absolutely one of the best product purchases I have ever had. Of any product. Not just firearms.

songlaw

Aug 2, 2017
    Clarksville
    I am not as experienced as many, if not most of you. However, in the roughly two months that I have had my LWRC M6 IC DI, I have put almost two thousand rounds through it. Looks great. Performed beautifully, right out of the box. I don't know what there is to complain about. Out of a huge sample population, there will always be some who complain.

Logan Betterton

May 14, 2015
    Eastern Shore MD
    I have one of the IC models. Before purchasing one, I emailed LWRCI asking questions about their products so I could decide which to buy. I received back the most thoughtful and lengthy emails helping me to decide what to purchase. After 500+ flawless rounds the BCG looks like not a single round has been fired through it. All the grease I put on it gleams like new and I have had to do nothing but clean the barrel.

Recently I broke off one of the screws in the rail and called LWRCI for help. I asked about sending it in for repair and someone walked me through how to do it on my own before spending money to send it to them. Later, I emailed to thank them for help and asked where I can buy more screws and what size they are. 5 days later a bag of screws and some SWAG showed up in my mailbox.

In my experience, LWRC is a fantastic company manufacturing fantastic rifles. Absolutely one of the best product purchases I have ever had. Of any product. Not just firearms.

I am not as experienced as many, if not most of you. However, in the roughly two months that I have had my LWRC M6 IC DI, I have put almost two thousand rounds through it. Looks great. Performed beautifully, right out of the box. I don't know what there is to complain about. Out of a huge sample population, there will always be some who complain.

:beer:

If anyone has any questions or concerns feel free to post in the LWRCI section and I'm here to help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom