• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Post Newtown they showed their true colors and at the time there were plenty on reports on all the gun boards so it was not a minor mistake or isolated happening. I will spend my money with more honorable retailers.

I am sure their "Free Giveaway" is just because they figure it is a cheaper alternative than buying customer contact information for advertising and spam purposes. They still send me catalogs that go directly in the trash without opening.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    If you're referring to the screen shot of CTD that was from someone named Shawn Mulligan, you'll have to note he photoshop edited a bunch of that page. If you witnessed those prices yourself - fine, but I suspect there's something afoot here, possibly some exaggeration for effect or just outright lying. I think that page is "fake news" myself.

Witnessed them myself. These screenshots don't include the $6500 Colt 6920's. While I understand that they are a business, having this little regard for the people who keep you in business is reprehensible. The free market should bury them.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Since joining MDS, and witnessing the post-Newton fvckery with my own eyes. I can hold my head high by saying I've spent nothing thru CTD. Before that, I can say I'd honestly spent a fair amount of money with them, predominantly in bulk ammo orders (5.56 & .45acp).

*I did get a few gift cards one year from family for CTD, so I did use those for misc. odds/ends. Their new BS shipping scheme of multiple warehouses almost cost me real money, just dropped 1 mag from the cart so I didn't have to spend MY money.

Plenty of other vendors to choose from.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Witnessed them myself. These screenshots don't include the $6500 Colt 6920's. While I understand that they are a business, having this little regard for the people who keep you in business is reprehensible. The free market should bury them.

Since joining MDS, and witnessing the post-Newton fvckery with my own eyes. I can hold my head high by saying I've spent nothing thru CTD. Before that, I can say I'd honestly spent a fair amount of money with them, predominantly in bulk ammo orders (5.56 & .45acp).

Their new BS shipping scheme of multiple warehouses almost cost me real money, just dropped 1 mag from the cart so I didn't have to spend MY money. .

I remember the super high prices as well ... the sudden price jumps and the cancelled orders, first hand.

The multiple shipping can screw you royally if you don't carefully review your order. I haven't seen them have the best price on anything since before Newtown, so they have bumped themselves out of relevance altogether. If you even bother to look at their website, do so knowing you can do better if you dig a little deeper.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    What really burns me up about Cheaper than Dirt is the number of items they won't ship to Maryland. We have worked hard in this state to temper the anti-gun laws and create a pro-2a community here, to include having a republican governor, and they slap our face with these ridiculous prohibitions. Contrast that with a retailer like Joe Bob's who is way more supportive; there are alternatives to Cheaper than Dirt. I am going to find the address of the owner of CTD and write him a registered mail letter to give him a piece of my mind.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    What really burns me up about Cheaper than Dirt is the number of items they won't ship to Maryland. We have worked hard in this state to temper the anti-gun laws and create a pro-2a community here, to include having a republican governor, and they slap our face with these ridiculous prohibitions. Contrast that with a retailer like Joe Bob's who is way more supportive; there are alternatives to Cheaper than Dirt. I am going to find the address of the owner of CTD and write him a registered mail letter to give him a piece of my mind.

Why waste your time. The owner knows he's a scumbag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    That, and shitsenders.com would be more than happy to deliver your sentiment in a more fitting tribute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom