• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GoldGunsGirls

May 30, 2012
    Rockville
    I have a factory complete Colt SOCOM upper with heavy barrel in the classifieds right now if you're interested and don't feel like dealing with finding a FFL, or paying things like sales tax.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Recently purchased a CE2000HB from Fox's Firearms, so I'd hope it's good to go.

FYI, I would not mention on MDS you purchased from Fox's.

:D

Do a search on them.

And next time one of the Industry Partners of this site.

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    If Colt says it's an hbar, it's an hbar. It can be sold or transferred in MD.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

jrhzn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 17, 2017
    I cant seem to figure it out. Its an hbar, but even my local gun shop has one but they dont feel comfortable selling it cause theyre not sure. Anyone know anything about this?

As long as it meets the constraints and is not on the MSP Banned Firearms list you are good to go.

Some examples of the questions to ask are listed below:

1) Is this weapon semi-automatic? If not, it is not banned and you do not need to continue.

2) If this is a rifle, is it centerfire? If not, then it is not banned and you do not need to continue.

3) Is this weapon considered to be a copy of a banned weapon? If so, then it is banned and may not be purchased, sold, or transferred.

4) If this is a semi-automatic centerfire rifle that can accept a detachable magazine, does it have any two of the following: a folding stock; a grenade launcher or flare launcher; or a flash suppressor; If so, then it is banned and may not be purchased, sold, or transferred.

5) If this is a rifle, does it have a fixed magazine that holds more than 10 rounds? If so, then it is banned and may not be purchased, sold, or transferred.

6) If this is a rifle, what is the overall length of the weapon? If the stock is fully extended and there are no removable additions to the barrel, is the weapon less than 29 inches? If so, then it is banned and may not be purchased, sold, or transferred.

7) If this is a semi-automatic shotgun, does the weapon have a revolving cylinder? If so, then it is banned and may not be purchased, sold, or transferred.

8) If this is a semi-automatic shotgun, does the weapon have a folding stock? If so, then it is banned and may not be purchased, sold, or transferred. ​

Digby

Feb 19, 2014
    Western Howard County
    Here's my .02 -- forget the Expanse and buy a Colt AR6721. It's a real Colt, not a cheap clone like the Expanse. The only "Colt" manufactured part on an Expanse is the lower. Everything else is outsourced. You can buy an AR6721 for under $800 on Gunbroker. Closest thing to an M4 that we can buy in MD. But hurry, Colt stopped production of the AR6721 earlier this year and it is no longer carried in the Colt catalog. The AR6721's that you see for sale on GB or in local stores are the last of the bunch.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    Here's my .02 -- forget the Expanse and buy a Colt AR6721. It's a real Colt, not a cheap clone like the Expanse. The only "Colt" manufactured part on an Expanse is the lower. Everything else is outsourced. You can buy an AR6721 for under $800 on Gunbroker. Closest thing to an M4 that we can buy in MD. But hurry, Colt stopped production of the AR6721 earlier this year and it is no longer carried in the Colt catalog. The AR6721's that you see for sale on GB or in local stores are the last of the bunch.

This is 100% correct.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    As I noted in other Colt threads:

Colt is occasionally pairing up 6920 lowers with 6721 HBAR uppers now to get HBAR product out the door. The confirmation is "LE XXXXX" serial number on the 6721 HBAR carbine "hybrid", and on the shipping box.

First pic: the usual 6721 HBAR lower markings, historically marked "Cal. .223"

Second pic: a 6721 upper/6920 lower "hybrid" carbine (brand new stock), retaining 6920 markings.

Attachments

• IMG_7658.JPG
      IMG_7658.JPG
      84.8 KB · Views: 205
    • IMG_7659.JPG
      IMG_7659.JPG
      30 KB · Views: 214

dbledoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 8, 2013
    Howard County
    As an update, I sent a clarification request into the MSP firearms division about the Expanse HBAR and received the following response from Sgt. Moriarity. Indicating that the Expanse HBAR with the SOCUM barrel is MD legal.

"The Maryland State Police is responsible for reaching its own conclusions with respect to whether particular firearms are copies of enumerated banned firearms. In reaching those conclusions, the Maryland State Police adheres to the process articulated in the Firearms Bulletin, #10-2, dated November 4, 2010, a copy of which may be found on our website. To that end, the
    Maryland State Police has determined that, for enforcement purposes, a firearm is considered a “copy” if it is both cosmetically similar to and has completely interchangeable internal components necessary for the full operation and function of one of the enumerated banned weapons.

On August 30, 2017, the Maryland State Police Licensing Division received a request from you confirming that you have been unable to determine if the Colt CE2000HB is a “copy” of an enumerated banned assault long gun, and therefore, unable to make an informed decision regarding its status
    for legal possession and/or sale in Maryland.

On September 13 2017, the Colt CE2000HB was compared against the list of assault weapons, enumerated in the Public Safety Article, Title 5 §101(r) (2). The Colt CE2000HB was determined not to be cosmetically similar to anything on the current enumerated banned weapons list. It is,
    therefore, the determination of the Maryland State Police Licensing Division, that the Colt CE2000HB is not a “copy” of an enumerated banned assault weapon.

The Colt CE2000HB was also compared against the “Copycat weapon” definition, located in the Criminal Law Article, Title 4 § 301 (e). The result of that comparison found the Colt CE2000HB does not meet the “Copycat weapon” definition.

As a result of the above information, the Maryland State Police Licensing Division accepts the Colt CE2000HB does not meet the definition of a “copycat weapon” or the definition of a copy of an enumerated weapon and as such, exempted from the definition of regulated firearms, pursuant to the
    enumerated banned assault weapons list. Therefore, the firearm is not subject to Maryland’s Public Safety Article, Title 5, Sub-Title 1. The Maryland State Police has updated its Reviewed Firearms List to account for the Colt CE2000HB."

Rc29b1

Jul 24, 2017
    Kent island
    As an update, I sent a clarification request into the MSP firearms division about the Expanse HBAR and received the following response from Sgt. Moriarity. Indicating that the Expanse HBAR with the SOCUM barrel is MD legal.

"The Maryland State Police is responsible for reaching its own conclusions with respect to whether particular firearms are copies of enumerated banned firearms. In reaching those conclusions, the Maryland State Police adheres to the process articulated in the Firearms Bulletin, #10-2, dated November 4, 2010, a copy of which may be found on our website. To that end, the
    Maryland State Police has determined that, for enforcement purposes, a firearm is considered a “copy” if it is both cosmetically similar to and has completely interchangeable internal components necessary for the full operation and function of one of the enumerated banned weapons.

On August 30, 2017, the Maryland State Police Licensing Division received a request from you confirming that you have been unable to determine if the Colt CE2000HB is a “copy” of an enumerated banned assault long gun, and therefore, unable to make an informed decision regarding its status
    for legal possession and/or sale in Maryland.

On September 13 2017, the Colt CE2000HB was compared against the list of assault weapons, enumerated in the Public Safety Article, Title 5 §101(r) (2). The Colt CE2000HB was determined not to be cosmetically similar to anything on the current enumerated banned weapons list. It is,
    therefore, the determination of the Maryland State Police Licensing Division, that the Colt CE2000HB is not a “copy” of an enumerated banned assault weapon.

The Colt CE2000HB was also compared against the “Copycat weapon” definition, located in the Criminal Law Article, Title 4 § 301 (e). The result of that comparison found the Colt CE2000HB does not meet the “Copycat weapon” definition.

As a result of the above information, the Maryland State Police Licensing Division accepts the Colt CE2000HB does not meet the definition of a “copycat weapon” or the definition of a copy of an enumerated weapon and as such, exempted from the definition of regulated firearms, pursuant to the
    enumerated banned assault weapons list. Therefore, the firearm is not subject to Maryland’s Public Safety Article, Title 5, Sub-Title 1. The Maryland State Police has updated its Reviewed Firearms List to account for the Colt CE2000HB."

I just checked the msp website and the last hasnt been updated. Where did you see that it was updated?

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    As I noted in other Colt threads:

Colt is occasionally pairing up 6920 lowers with 6721 HBAR uppers now to get HBAR product out the door. The confirmation is "LE XXXXX" serial number on the 6721 HBAR carbine "hybrid", and on the shipping box.

My 6721 also has those markings. Fine by me. When I picked it up from JLowes, John told me he had a surprise for me and I was pleased.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

Yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom