• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aspade

Sep 27, 2008
    What I actually wrote:

Good evening,

I am writing to express my disgust upon learning that SB0281 - The MD Firearm Safety Act of 2013 - has already been scheduled for a vote to advance from committee next week in advance of the house hearings.

You are no doubt aware by now of many of the flaws in this legislation as written. Treating Olympic rimfire pistols and 50 year old, $3,500 match rifles as if they were automatic weapons in common use by street criminals is not reasonable disagreement between two sides of a debate, it's simple ignorance - ignorance that would be laughable if not backed by a state trooper with a gun (which most assuredly would not be an Olympic pistol.)

Maryland's record on civil rights and liberties makes me proud to call this state home. But the record some of you would write on the civil right of self defense makes me ashamed. Maryland deserves better.

Respectfully,

--

What I actually thought:

Frosh sucks donkey dong

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    per nancy jacobs' s facebook. this contradicts her previous statement and msi's statement that the senate committee would wait until after the house hearings. this also may mean they wont be making amendments to fix anything.

associated gun clubs reports that the volume of emails has dropped fron 100, 000 per day before the feb 6 hearing to under 2000 per day since the hearing.

please email and call today.

use the tool here www.associatedgunclubs.org to email

dont let up and dont let them think we will just forget.

msi facebook statement.... confirming the above. go to annapolis monday evening..... floor vote also scheduled for next week too.

If Frosh has the vote on SB281 scheduled for next week he must feel that time line is to his advantage.

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    Just got this one back a few minutes ago....

Dear Constituent,

This letter is prepared for you so that you will know my position on gun control and any anticipated legislation.

While I certainly support the 2nd Amendment of the Constitution of the U.S.A. which provides the right to bear arms; I strongly support any and all efforts to strengthen our gun laws so that instances of gun violence will no longer be a way of life for far too many people/victims/families.

I am a co-sponsor (and apparently a complete idiot too) of House Bill 107 which reduces to 10 rounds the maximum capacity for ammunition of a detachable magazine for a firearm.

I am also a co-sponsor of House Bill 490 which makes it misdemeanor to possess or use specified firearm ammunition during and in relation to the commission of a crime; the bill also establishes appropriate penalties. why not make it a felony? For more information on these two bills, please refer to the Maryland General Assembly website and look up the bills by their numbers.

As always, it is my honor to represent you in the Maryland General Assembly. Please do not hesitate to contact me at any time for additional information or to let me know your position and opinion on any issue of interest to you.

Thank you,

Cheryl D. Glenn

Cheryl D. Glenn

State Delegate, 45th Legislative District

410-841-3257 (Annapolis Office)

Cheryl.glenn@house.state.md.us

Fired back a short response:

You do realize that a reduced capacity magazine law will only hurt law abiding citizens and not criminals........... right? Imagine you are home with your two small children and three armed men commit a home invasion. You reach for you pistol or rifle and know you only have ten rounds to fire to protect your two kids and yourself. Meanwhile the criminals (who do not care about the laws you write) are each carrying a pistol with 20 rounds or a maybe rifle with 30 rounds. Chances are they will win this battle. And you will lose because legislators told the good people of this country that they could only have 10 rounds in a magazine. And we complied because we care about the law and criminals don't. You are literally killing the good people of this country with such proposals which will leave us defenseless....

Common sense legislation would go after stricter criminal punishments and better access to mental health care. They would not take away from law abiding citizens. But, alas, there seems to be a lack of common sense these days.
    Way to to go! Remember Columbine: there were 10 round mag restrictions nationwide. One shooter used 13 10 round magazines. The theory didn't work. We tried this before.

HKB

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2007
    Finksburg, MD
    Just fired this one off to all the senators :
    It has come to my attention that Mr. Brian Frosh has scheduled a vote on senate bill two eighty one this up coming week. I am very disappointed after the trickery that was played on February 6th, first by limiting testimony to four hours from us that are opposed to such a draconian proposal. As you know there were approximately one thousand eight hundred patriots signed up to testify and a few thousand others opposed in attenance. Second when Mr. Frosh could not locate any more supporters for this draconian bill he limited the remainder of the testimonies to state their name, location and position. I ask that you oppose senate bill two eight one.

This bill is not common sense, more like non-sense. You can not replace facts and statistics with "feelings and knee jerk reactions". This proposed bill totally misses the real problem, the criminals with the catch and release revolving door legal system. Common sense should show us plea bargins do not work, reduced sentencing does not work. Criminals are not going to line up to abide by the proposals in this bill because well they are criminals. Common sense should not punish law abiding citizens for actions of a few while criminals are over looked. I ask you to oppose this non-sense bill SB281. We can do MUCH better then this with some real "common sense".
    I am not sure they will actually read it so I am going to send it snail mail also(actually probably hand deliver it to save postage)

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    do not overreact to floor vote-

The way I see it for Frosh this is a no brainer. He already has back up bills. It is in his best interest to find out early how far he can push this one. Especially if he can make a showing before the house meets on its similar bill. I will be sending out emails opposing shortly. We definitely have to turn up the heat. I also want to say that as great as MDSHOOTERS is we really need to make sure we are reaching all of Maryland. I am posting information via my facebook, and speaking to everyone that I work with. We really need to be getting flyers and such as many places as we can to make sure that the WHOLE state is on the same page. Just my two cents.

I think you are on the right track.

A scheduled vote does not even mean an actual vote

Its far from over

In fact to me it means his position is weak.

Don't know MD well.
    But at fed level premature floor vote is where bills go to die.

Keep up the fight.
    Make sure that we show up at the house hearings

Do not forget that there will be floor debate and amendments ( unless MD really is unique and if so tell me ......). This is harder to control from his perspective than his own hearing.

I do not say it is good.news , I just say it is neutral and may indicate trouble in frosh land.

AND HE MAY THINK YOU WILL MISSUNDERSTAND AND LOSE HEART.

sometimes threatened floor votes are posturing as well. I would not even guess with the level of Intel I have.

We must win. To win we must ignore the smoke. He is trying to throw you off, of that I am sure.

trbon8r

Ultimate Member
    Speaker Bush is one of my Delegates who has been using the same language and he has never supported the second amendment a day in his life! I have already been trying to get everyone in our district to can that clown next election...The people of district 30 and the entire State of Maryland for that matter will be alot better off with him gone...

I've written two polite emails to Busch urging him to vote against any gun control, and all I get back from him is the same shitty form letter saying he supports further controls on firearms. I had enough and sent him an email last night and lit his ass up and told him I will do everything in my power to see to it he is out of a job after his next campaign. Hopefully we can get enough people to switch their affiliation to Democrat so we can primary his ass out of office. Unfortunately with the gerrymandered districts we have it is uncertain if he will even be our delegate come 2014.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Since we haven't heard anything about changes being made to the bill, I think Frosh is bringing it to a vote in committee as is, just to see if he can push it to the floor just the way it was written before they start amending it in committee.

JAY1234

Retired Radioman Chief
    Dec 1, 2012
    St Marys County Maryland
    Sometimes a full email inbox is due to the addee ignoring and not reading his incoming messages. Like everythign involving politics, the real truths aren't apparent until it is too late.

Rob Banks

Sep 3, 2011
    Catonsville
    I have been using the AGC system several times a day since all this non-sense started. I have also begun today sending individual emails. If we are going to show up in Annapolis Monday I and my family will be there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom