• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    per nancy jacobs' s facebook. this contradicts her previous statement and msi's statement that the senate committee would wait until after the house hearings. this also may mean they wont be making amendments to fix anything.

associated gun clubs reports that the volume of emails has dropped fron 100, 000 per day before the feb 6 hearing to under 2000 per day since the hearing.

please email and call today.

use the tool here www.associatedgunclubs.org to email

dont let up and dont let them think we will just forget.

msi facebook statement.... confirming the above. go to annapolis monday evening..... floor vote also scheduled for next week too.

Last edited:

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    per nancy jacobs' s facebook. this contradicts her previous statement and msi's statement that the senate committee would wait until after the house hearings. this also may mean they wont be making amendments to fix anything.

associated gun clubs reports that the volume of emails has dropped fron 100, 000 per day before the feb 6 hearing to under 2000 per day since the hearing.

Done...just sent this...feel free to copy/paste/edit,

I am sending this email as a reminder that this Marylander is opposed to any new gun control, inclusive of the initiatives contained in Senate Bill 281.

Until we solve the problem of violence, broken homes, and this state's revolving door justice system, any gun safety bills that are brought before this committee are nothing more than bills aimed at striping away the rights of the law abiding citizens of this state. Considering this bill makes normal citizens criminals for making a legal purchase if they don't comply with the new regulations, it is disgusting that this attempted power grab has even proceeded this far. Also, do not be fooled that this citizen agrees with the piecemeal bills that have been filed that break up the individual policy points of SB 281 into their own bills; this is not a honest solution either.

Maryland was a front line state in the civil rights movement of the 1960s and I personally do not want to see a new struggle ignited between the citizens of this state, and those who wish to usurp our enumerated civil rights. Do the right thing, kill these bills in your committee, preserve our civil rights, and uphold your oath of office to support and defend the Constitution of the United States and the state of Maryland.

D1jinx

Feb 6, 2013
    i'll admit, i have slacked off a bit sending emails...

but heres mine
    I OPPOSE SB281.

I urge you to oppose SB281. I am a Taxpaying, Law Abiding, ONE ISSUE VOTER. Your vote will determine IF I support you or your candidate.

The agenda to penalize Gun owning, law abiding citizens WILL NOT GO UNFORGOTTEN in EVERY UPCOMING ELECTION from this day forth.

I urge you to oppose ANY and ALL legislation that will penalize the Tax Paying, Hard working, Gun Owning community rather than ENFORCE current LAWS already on the books.

This is the only issue I care about.

Thank you

D1jinx

Feb 6, 2013
    How many times do we have to tell them our feelings on the issue? They got the friggin memo. They need to take into account what we said.

i think they think, since the emails are letting up, we are getting over it and moving on.

remember... silence IS consent

Sportstud4891

Resident SMIB
    Jun 7, 2011
    Chuck County
    Ok, I almost think this might be a good thing. I don't know that it has the votes with so much in it without amendments. Didn't Mike Miller even say he would vote against it because of the licensing requirement? Maybe this will squash SB-281 and then we can focus on the others.

lennyk

Jan 11, 2013
    Woodbine
    Interesting, before the house. Sounds like Mr Frosh believes he has the votes to make it out of committee. If this bill makes out of committee then I think the March 1st hearing may be moot (a rally though would still be a showing). The bills are just cross filed and identical. The next stage is a floor vote.

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    Sometimes they schedule votes based on when certain committee members are going to be "out of the office". They did this a few years ago when one of the senator's left because their father died.

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    To me, this is good. Brochin is a no as it is written.

Sounds like the are punting to MoM's hand picked super committee.

Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012

Also be sure to use the thread below to cut and paste the email addresses into your mail client and send the emails directly. If there is a AGC flag on the recipient's end, sending from your mail client would bypass that.

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=5715

sykesville

Ultimate Member
    Immediate response from one of 'em:

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

Delegate Frank S. Turner (frank.turner@house.state.md.us)
    The recipient's mailbox is full and can't accept messages now. Please try resending this message later, or contact the recipient directly.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Immediate response from one of 'em:

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

Delegate Frank S. Turner (frank.turner@house.state.md.us)
    The recipient's mailbox is full and can't accept messages now. Please try resending this message later, or contact the recipient directly.
    Well...that's a good sign.

And don't forget the house committee!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adamc904

Latest threads

Top Bottom