• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrhzn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 17, 2017
    Please help me settle a bet.

My youngest son was offered an AR-15 for a STOOPID low price.
    This AR is currently in Virginia. (The seller is a co-worker and friend of my son's.)

He THINKS it is NOT a HBAR.

I told him that for him to buy it, the seller either has to dis-assemble the upper from the lower, and only sell him the lower (through an FFL) OR convert to HBAR (replace barrel with stamped HBAR).

I then told him that the smartest thing to do, is pay for the rifle, then bring JUST the upper home (since it's NOT 'the firearm') and we can replace the "lightweight" barrel with an HBAR barrel assembly, then take the upper receiver back to the seller, put the upper back on the lower.
    Then have the seller bring the now compliant AR to the FFL of my son's choice, and do a "cash and carry" sale (through FFL).

He is arguing, saying that he will get the seller to bring just the lower to the FFL, do the transfer, then put a complete upper on the rifle.

I asked him IF he realizes that he'd have to wait 7+ days for the paperwork, when, IF he does this like I've suggested, there is NO waiting period.

Cash & Carry.

Please..............

Your thoughts.

Help settle a bet. The amount of the bet is a cold beer.
    Now, this is all moot, IF the AR is already an HBAR.

Thanks.

Federal law requires that all out of state purchases go through an FFL.

See #4 https://www.atf.gov/resource-center/docs/0813-firearms-top-12-qaspdf/download

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Can a regular AR upper purchased before Oct. 2013 be on a finished 80% lower you completed before Oct 2013 ?

jrhzn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 17, 2017
    Can a regular AR upper purchased before Oct. 2013 be on a finished 80% lower you completed before Oct 2013 ?

as long as you can prove you bought it before the ban then yes. But what kind of lower is it? By the way, you can always go with the Wyndham HBC.

https://www.windhamweaponry.com/firearms/rifles/223-556-caliber-rifle/hbc/

These rifles come with a lifetime warranty, are accurate as hell and a little known secret is that these are the original high quality bushmasters before they sold. Same people, same machines and same factory.

https://www.windhamweaponry.com/firearms/rifles/223-556-caliber-rifle/hbc/

I have two of these, one unfired that I am selling and one with about over 10K rounds through it (I stopped counting after 10K) and never a single malfunction. Just keeps shooting and shooting ill stack it up against any AK (and I am an AK guy through and through).

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life

jrhzn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 17, 2017
    Thanks.

My son and I are fully aware of this.
    I've been buying firearms for over 40 years, now.

For this rifle, the point is moot, since he's decided to not buy the AR, and has gone in a different direction.

Sounds good, congrats to your son :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom