• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Just one mans opinion, but I think a fiddy upper would wear a non fiddy lower out pretty damn quick.

Too much KABOOM on those little pins. Being that there's no recoil to absorb the shock.

Just because you could doesn't mean you should.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Just one mans opinion, but I think a fiddy upper would wear a non fiddy lower out pretty damn quick.

Too much KABOOM on those little pins. Being that there's no recoil to absorb the shock.
    Yep.. that came to mind also. If he can spend $1500 for the upper.. what's a new lower cost nowadays..

May 13, 2005
    Look into the ALS 50 BMG uppers. They are one of the better ones if you choose to go 50 BMG on top of an AR lower. At least they used to be years ago.

SigMatt

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2007
    Shores of the Bay, MD
    You think the Magfed version which is 400 dollars more would be legal? Probably will need shoulder surgery if mag dump a 50 BMG (it's 5 rounds)

Perfectly legal. The only banned .50BMG rifle is the Barret semi-auto. All .50BMG bolt guns, single shot or mag-fed, are legal. Just a big deer rifle by the law.

Matt

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    More of a joke for HD use. Unless they are attacking your house with Brinks armored cars or something. One of those would go thru a perp and likely continue on and take out at least one of your neighbors also. Unless you don't like your neighbors. A 660g slug that can only travel in one direction is not as good as 660g worth of 9mm when it comes to HD. Of course if you live on a farm like I do and have a three hundred yard kill zone it might work out. Good luck.

ascorb

Mar 2, 2016
    More of a joke for HD use. Unless they are attacking your house with Brinks armored cars or something. One of those would go thru a perp and likely continue on and take out at least one of your neighbors also. Unless you don't like your neighbors. A 660g slug that can only travel in one direction is not as good as 660g worth of 9mm when it comes to HD. Of course if you live on a farm like I do and have a three hundred yard kill zone it might work out. Good luck.

I actually do dislike my Neighboors, they leave their pitbul out from 7 A.M until 8 P.M at night and he loves to bark. Pitbuls are illegal in PG but meh, It's the owners fault. (live in the ghettos)

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I actually do dislike my Neighboors, they leave their pitbul out from 7 A.M until 8 P.M at night and he loves to bark. Pitbuls are illegal in PG but meh, It's the owners fault. (live in the ghettos)
    http://www.pgspca.org/advocacy/animal-laws/prince-georges-county-animal-control-ordinance/

Animals that cause frequent or continued noise will not be allowed to disturb the comfort or repose of any person in the vicinity. Any person disturbed by a noisy animal must advise the owner. If the nuisance is not abated, the person may then notify the Commission for Animal Control to file a complaint.

Pit Bulls born after February 3, 1997, are illegal and must be removed from the County.

For Pit Bulls owned prior to February 3, 1997, owners must provide written proof of ownership which could include rabies certificate, veterinarian bill, or other similar documentation. Pit Bulls owned prior to February 3, 1997, must be maintained within a building or kennel at all times. When outside, Pit Bulls must be kept under control of an adult and secured by an unbreakable or unseverable leash. Violations of the Pit Bull Law will result in fines up to $1,000 or a sentence of not more than six months imprisonment. (See Licensing above for more information.)

I want to build this lol for the S*hits, is this even legal in MD? I would love to use this for home defense! (JK)

http://www.safetyharborfirearms.com...oduct/44-shtf-50-single-shot-upper-conversion

There's a gunsmith in Baltimore near Eastern Ave, John Roses of Guns & Roses Gunsmith. He has a WHOLE bunch of leftover bull barrels he got from Aberdeen proving ground BEFORE they are milled down to the barrel that we are accustomed to seeing on a rifle. He will mill whatever caliber you need and finish it in whatever pattern you want (he has a bunch of photos and letters on his wall from olympic and pro shooters thanking him for his barrels and smithing). If doesn't already have a dozen 50cal barrels ready for building into AR upper, then he WILL make you one. I'd have to find his card, but it shouldnt be hard to find his # somewhere. He's on Armslist occasionally selling his Quigley down under build, his Mausers converted to 308 ot 556/223, or his Howa barrels with 10" groupings @ 300 meters confirmed and signed off by NRA SROs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom