• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 3fingeredWU

Oct 3, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    Does the barrel profile on a 300 Blackout upper have to like an HBAR upper here in Maryland?

Help!

Thanks,

Dave

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Short answer, I believe no one knows for sure. I personally think the law is vague enough to cause someone a WORLD of legal pain if a LE made an arrest.

I did receive a call from a guy wanting legal advice (He found my website and wanted me to suggest an attorney, which I could not help with) because he got arrested for having a post 10/2013 NON HBAR in MD.

Personally, I like HBARs, they are usually more accurate.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Short answer, I believe no one knows for sure. I personally think the law is vague enough to cause someone a WORLD of legal pain if a LE made an arrest.

This is the best answer.

Some say they are fine without HBAR. Some say they are not. But the law is not clear.

So proceed at your own risk with a non-HBAR.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I wouldn't try this one...

Attachments

• 425086_300AAC.jpg
      425086_300AAC.jpg
      8.2 KB · Views: 1,246

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD

I did receive a call from a guy wanting legal advice (He found my website and wanted me to suggest an attorney, which I could not help with) because he got arrested for having a post 10/2013 NON HBAR in MD.

Personally, I like HBARs, they are usually more accurate.

Wow...this is the first I've heard of anyone getting arrested for a post 10/2013 NON HBAR. Did I miss other reports?

Would love to hear details, but it would have to be with the caller's consent, I suspect.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    MSP FLD told me unequivocally over the phone that anything not in 5.56/.223 is not a clone and GTG in an AR. I'm pretty cautious and I wouldn't hesitate to buy one if I wanted one. I'd be more scared of paying a dollar a round than anything, but that's just me. :)

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    MSP FLD told me unequivocally over the phone that anything not in 5.56/.223 is not a clone and GTG in an AR. I'm pretty cautious and I wouldn't hesitate to buy one if I wanted one. I'd be more scared of paying a dollar a round than anything, but that's just me. :)

I trust your word zoo.

It would be nice for them to publish that. :D

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Wow...this is the first I've heard of anyone getting arrested for a post 10/2013 NON HBAR. Did I miss other reports?

Would love to hear details, but it would have to be with the caller's consent, I suspect.

I dont think he is a MDS Member.

The gun was a 100% M4 profile based on the model he told me. It was in .223 as well.

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV

HOLY CRAP...I Hope Pinecone READ THAT...:party29:

And I thought this was going to be "another" fiasco...

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Not that it holds any water from a legal standpoint but I was at the range a few weeks ago and someone was showing off their AR to a state trooper who was shooting with a buddy. It was an m4 barrel and the cop really liked it. Never heard him ask if the rifle was purchased pre 10/13 ;)

Again, that's not a legal opinion just a practical observation

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    The paddy wagon will be along to a cool us all up shortly :D

"Paddy" Wagon? I Heard of this trick with "Pinecones"..

You fill them up with Peanut Butter and Roll them in Bird Seed and Hang them up the Birds Luv it...

Well, just decided, hope to build a 6.5 Grendel...and not worry about Barrel options...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom