• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr.Blue

Living In A Bizarro World
    Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD
    I know there is already a thread on this place, but I wanted to focus on why I think this place is worth the extra money to shoot at.

1. This place is very high end. The shooting lanes are the best I have ever been on, including the NRA range. Everything is top of the line.

2. Classrooms, computers, and TVs all over the place.

3. A very large selection of rental guns. They even had a CZ 75B compact which is what I wanted to test fire.

4. A really nice retail area. They have a really nice selection of firearms.

5. The staff is the friendliest bunch of people that I have ever met at a range/gun store.

6. The range officers and safety guys were either current duty State Troopers or retired State Troopers. They had some interesting info regarding the Maryland gun laws and other things of interest.

7. They sweep up your brass for you and throw away your garbage for you. This part was a little over the top for me, but it was nice to know I didn't have to worry about sweeping up my brass in between shooting. The range guys did it for me. They clearly ask you at first if you reload. If you do, they will leave your brass for you.

8. My wife came with me and sat in the lobby. She couldn't get over how everyone was so nice. Everyone kept offering to get her free drinks and such. They kept asking her if she needed anything.

9. While this place is more expensive than most other ranges in the area, I feel that the high end nature of the place will keep trash and goofballs away. I feel as though serious firearms people will go to this training facility.

While the Machine Gun Nest sounds great, I can't help but think that it's polarizing name will attract more idiots to the facility. It may also attract the attention of the libtards who will want to close the place and make the owners miserable. I hope I am wrong.

In the end I hope that both places thrive. I hope that everyone on this board will visit these businesses instead of trying to save $5 and go to some $hithouse. We need places like this in Frederick county.

HERITAGE TRAINING FACILITY GIVES THE SHOOTING COMMUNITY A GOOD NAME!

Good shooting.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Great review. :thumbsup: You've piqued my interest for a visit.

I will note that I also found the customer service at TMGN to exceed expectations. Probably a different vibe than Heritage. Most seemed in their late 20's to early 30's with the exception of the guy who used to be at Glade Valley. I presume that he's helping with a lot of the NFA items at TMGN. They also swept up brass after checking if you were collecting or not, and were super friendly/helpful at the counter.

Mr.Blue

Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD
    Great review. :thumbsup: You've piqued my interest for a visit.

I will note that I also found the customer service at TMGN to exceed expectations. Probably a different vibe than Heritage. Most seemed in their late 20's to early 30's with the exception of the guy who used to be at Glade Valley. I presume that he's helping with a lot of the NFA items at TMGN. They also swept up brass after checking if you were collecting or not, and were super friendly/helpful at the counter.

Thanks. Let me reiterate that I have not gone to TMGN yet. I'm sure it is a great place. I'm just into a more subdued type of place, as I get older. I'm 43 for point of reference.

FYI - The range and safety guys all had greyish hair, but were not old geezers. The one guy, Bill, was a pisser. He was probably late 40's and was a retired State Trooper. They made some funny jokes about "offensive targets" and some jokes about the draconian gun laws in Maryland. They also said that they believe that the owner will allowed drawing from a holster at some point in the future. You would just be required to pass some proficiency test so that they can determine whether you are safe. Good idea.
    They people behind the front desk were much younger and very friendly.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    It is great to know that we now have two top notch ranges in Frederick. I have not yet been to Heritage but I have been to TMGN and that facility and the staff are great as well. Like the OP said, I sure hope that both ranges survive and do well. People like me need them to be around!

Cal68

3fingeredWU

Oct 3, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    Heritage

First 50 people visiting the range today get a free range card! I got mine.

Wonderful place with great people. I will probably shoot there tomorrow AM.

Thanks, Heritage!

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Thanks. Then no need to rush - even if I am very curious about the facility. If they were open until 9pm, I might go there tonight - but the current close time of 7pm is just too tight for me on a work day. Maybe on July 3.

Mr.Blue

Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD
    I forgot to mention that one of the women at the front desk is very easy on the eyes, as well as really cool. Too bad my wife was with me. Hahaha.

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    I forgot to mention that one of the women at the front desk is very easy on the eyes, as well as really cool. Too bad my wife was with me. Hahaha.

I've only been there once to shoot so far. All the staff I met were extremely helpful and nice, but I may not be quite as objective as I should be cause my daughter works the front desk there along with another gal... :)

Mr.Blue

Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD
    I've only been there once to shoot so far. All the staff I met were extremely helpful and nice, but I may not be quite as objective as I should be cause my daughter works the front desk there along with another gal... :)

Sorry. No offense. My wife was actually the one who noticed how pretty the woman was. I just concurred. Really nice/cool too! I do believe the woman told me she was from Frederick.

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    Sorry. No offense. My wife was actually the one who noticed how pretty the woman was. I just concurred. Really nice/cool too! I do believe the woman told me she was from Frederick.

haha man don't sweat it it's all good I was just ribbin ya. my wife and I got a good laugh out of it. I actually think it was probably the other counter girl tho as my daughter is from Mt. Airy ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom