• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grayson71

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2011
    Rocky Gap, Va
    I heard this ad on the radio yesterday on the way home from work. I wanted to scream at the radio, so much babbling bullsh!t.... I can't wait to see how many shooting there are in Maryland after Oct 1 just so they can see that their stupid "common sense" laws don't make a damn bit of difference.

makes me want to puke

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    You guys do know that MSI is pretty much the same type of organization. An "educational" organization for which you cannot deduct the contributions that you make to it.

Opps my bad I misread the info.. thought they were pulling a fast one. I retract my statement I thought it said deductible...

My bad and thanks for catching it.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    I am blunting any attempt to rally our moral when you tell everybody to wait until it really counts to "spend" their money and I am saying it counts now, tomorrow, the next day, etc., so DONATE today? You got blunting our moral out of that. Alrighty then.

Numbers from Sunday and Monday will tell us where the moral and energy is regarding this issue.

Is the ad by DeMarco done to distract us from the 23rd? I seriously doubt it. The COMAR regulations are merely a formality. Yes, there are some changes that should be made to them, but there really isn't all that much that can be done regarding SB281 on September 23rd other than to show how the regs do not reflect the actual law. So, instead of getting a crap sandwich on the 23rd with no trimmings on it, you at least get some trimmings with the crap sandwich.

My very simple point is that this is not a fight that will be won today, tomorrow, or the next day, but in the long run.

If you have not noticed, there was a mass shooting just yesterday, and right in our backyard no less. Somebody really needs to hammer home that all these people were mentally disturbed and neither Mr. DeMarco, Mr. O'Malley, nor Mr. Obama have done a damn thing to help treat the mentally ill, unless I missed something somewhere regarding it.

Me, I am keeping it real and realizing that this is a tough fight here in Maryland that will require tons of effort and tons of money, and if the pro-gun people do not want to contribute both early and often, it is a losing battle. I have been evaluating what MSI and the NRA have been doing to help fight what is going on. I have been evaluating the effectiveness of the Maryland legislators that are on our side. This is an evaluation process for me. At the same time, I have been working on putting backup/escape plans in place too and making sure I at least have what I want for
    the time being.

Thank s for clarifying.. I sure that no one else has a backup plan. But then again everyone should.

SO JUST BECAUSE I THINK WE HAVE A GOOD CHANCE DOES NOT MEAN YOU SHOULD NOT PREPARE JUST IN CASE.
    really..

And if you can't fight an asymmetric battle against long odds, you should leave Md now.. no point in hoping that funds drop from sky IMHO. We will always face a tough battle here. In time that may change but not in the next year.

Keeping it real. ....

Now I am going to fight asymmetricly. I am going to have a fall back plan. There is no conflict. But we are not going to out spend Blomberg so if that's your metric.. I understand and I do not fault you at all if you think its time to leave Md.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom