• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hawxter996

this avatar is offensive!
    Nov 11, 2008
    at home
    the mere mention of reduced mag capacity is an infringement of my 2a rights!
    all i heard was police officer safety,children were secondary.

hawxter996

this avatar is offensive!
    Nov 11, 2008
    at home
    Mr. O'Malley was joined at a news conference by police, lawmakers, House Speaker Michael E. Busch and Prince George’s County Executive Rushern L. Baker III. The governor defended the licensing proposal and outlined his public safety priorities for the legislative session. Lt. Gov. Anthony Brown, who also attended, will be leading the administration’s push to get the gun-control bill through the Legislature.
    “If you have to get a license to drive a car on the streets or a motorcycle on the streets, I think most Marylanders — Democrats, Republicans and Independents — agree that you should have to be licensed in order to operate a firearm,” the Democratic governor said.
    The licensing provision would require residents to be fingerprinted by the Maryland State Police before purchasing a handgun. Fingerprints now are only required for gun owners who get wear and carry permits. The proposal also would require handgun purchasers to take a hands-on safety training course, rather than simply watching an online video.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...es-need-stricter-gun-licensing/#ixzz2INL4LRmk
    Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

i think it is absolutely criminal to require fingerprints.
    i have commited no crime.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    How many people do you know that have ever failed to get a license to drive? Personally I'd like to see a lot less people behind the wheel, but that is beside the point.
    Doesn't matter. What good is a liscensing scheme gonna do? Are the criminals gonna go and get liscenses for their illegal guns? This would be desgned to just make it more of a pain in the ass to be a gun owner. You let them widdle away your rights, not me.

Tyeraxus

Ultimate Member
    May 15, 2012
    East Tennessee
    Are the criminals gonna go and get liscenses for their illegal guns?

In point of fact they are not required to if they're prohibited persons. In Haynes v. United States, SCOTUS ruled that persons prohibited from possessing firearms can NOT be required to register any firearms in their possession, as that would violate their 5th Amendment right against self-incrimination.

Also, the AGC site is incredibly slow, and the counter stands at 247,916 e-mails sent if anybody's interested.

peafarmer

Dec 23, 2011
    Annapolis
    This is what we are up against.

Organizing for Action:

https://my.barackobama.com/page/s/o...urce=obama&utm_campaign=em12_20130118_bo_misc

I think that we are going to need a response which is equally sophisticated to this. Of course, this is national, but don't be so naive to think that national forces from the left will not come to bear in Annapolis.

I don't know if the NRA and its website is equipped to battle this...thoughts?

Jan 11, 2012
    Here is what I sent to all the delegates yesterday...
    I received a few supportive responses. I am envious of you guys in Allegany county. I like your delegate Kevin Kelly!!

Dear,

As your constituent, I urge you to vote against any proposed gun control legislation.

I do not support any further restrictions on law abiding citizens.
    Criminals do not obey current laws and certainly will not obey new ones. The answer should be to get criminals off the streets; not make it harder for innocent gun owners to enjoy their 2nd amendment right. It does not matter to a criminal if a certain model of weapon is "banned" from purchase in Maryland. It also does not matter to a criminal if they must be licensed (which in and of itself violates a basic American right. Licenses are for privileges, not rights) to own their weapons or be in violation of the law. Criminals do not care if owning a magazine with a capacity greater than 10 rounds is illegal. They will buy and use them illegally anyway. Mr. O'Malley's proposed legislation does nothing but make it exceedingly more difficult for the law abiding citizenry.

I have the means to move away from Maryland, and should Mr. O'Malley's proposals be passed, I will stay in Maryland just long enough to vote against those who voted said legislation into law, and then take my tax dollars elsewhere.

Additionally, I am not alone in my ability or resolve to move away from this state. As I am sure you are aware, the net outflow of people from Maryland has increased every single year since 2004. Perhaps that should be a sign as to what ALL the people of this state want, not just the people in districts that weigh heavy on the ballots.

Thank you for your time.
    Respectively,

John Page

nemecizer

Jan 19, 2013
    Done! Also, count me in for the 8th. I live in Montgomery County. Will be willing to arrange transportation. PM me for details.

OEH

Nov 18, 2010
    29B
    I just switched my party affiliation to Democrat. When I tell them that I will vote against them in the primary election, I want them to know I mean it if they feel like checking.

Now what page is the AGC link on again?

I like to point out that my campaign donations have no party affiliation :)

2flhun

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    Mont Co
    I was on the channel 7 website and saw that someone had posted this. If it is a dupe, my bad. If it is true, where is the outrage and MOM's solution?

FROM: “THE FBI CRIME REPORTS” – “Assault Rifles” included in “Rifles” category MARYLAND, MURDER BY: “RIFLES” vs. “HANDS, FEET and FISTS” 2011 2 17 2010 3 19 2009 2 18 2008 4 28 2007 9 23 2006 5 25 2005 4 18 2004 2 30 Total 31 178 IN MARYLAND, “HANDS, FEET AND FISTS” HAVE ACCOUNTED FOR 5.74 TIMES MORE MURDERS THAN “RIFLES” DURING THE PAST EIGHT YEARS. SOURCE: FBI UNIFORM CRIME REPORTS: TABLE 20 http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/ucr

Read more: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2013/0...be-held-in-annapolis-84255.html#ixzz2ITzGv9MO

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    I was on the channel 7 website and saw that someone had posted this. If it is a dupe, my bad. If it is true, where is the outrage and MOM's solution?

FROM: “THE FBI CRIME REPORTS” – “Assault Rifles” included in “Rifles” category MARYLAND, MURDER BY: “RIFLES” vs. “HANDS, FEET and FISTS” 2011 2 17 2010 3 19 2009 2 18 2008 4 28 2007 9 23 2006 5 25 2005 4 18 2004 2 30 Total 31 178 IN MARYLAND, “HANDS, FEET AND FISTS” HAVE ACCOUNTED FOR 5.74 TIMES MORE MURDERS THAN “RIFLES” DURING THE PAST EIGHT YEARS. SOURCE: FBI UNIFORM CRIME REPORTS: TABLE 20 http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/ucr

Read more: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2013/0...be-held-in-annapolis-84255.html#ixzz2ITzGv9MO

Umm...Yup.

Trust me, the lawmakers had no idea. But they are getting schooled up fast. We'll keep saying it, but your voices are the ones making them learn.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    In reading through the proposal, I am struck by this provision in the MOM pdf:

"Restricting Ammunition Possession -- Persons prohibited from possession of regulated firearms can still legally obtain ammunition. This proposal makes it a crime for prohibited persons to possess ammunition for weapons they cannot legally possess."

If they effectively ban regulated firearms, will this make it illegal to possess ammunition in calibers commonly, but not always used in MSRs such as 308/762, 223/556, 762x39, 30 Carbine, 300Blk, etc.? Doesn't this sound a lot like what CA tried to do? Since these are common bolt and semi auto gun calibers, I could see this being a backdoor to widespread search and seizure abuse ala the Fred's ammo log. And a way to get hunters to see that they are NOT exempted and have to get onboard against this legislation.

Haven't seen much discussion on it in the thread but I apologize if it slipped past me over the 30 pages of comments. Might be good to add to letters and emails just in case.

"Prohibited Person" is someone for whom it is illegal to own a gun. As Norton says, we don't have any legislative text on this yet. It would not surprise me to find they slipped some extra language in here. After all, why are they timing this so that people cannot get the text until well after MOM did his thing?

Serioulsy, MOM promised this stuff middle of last week. Then he found out Obama was going to act on Wednesday. So MOM delayed. Then he saw the Obama stuff fall flat, and "released" details on Friday morning. But no new details. Then he promised to have the details by, 'maybe Friday afternoon.'

Still no details. Either his team didn't file anything or they did it late on Friday so it wouldn't make into MGALEG computers before tomorrow. Either way, it shows a weak hand. And whether he filed it or not, he is hiding it from the press, who he promised to hand it to on Friday. I have not seen any stories about the details yet, have you?

You guys need to point out to our representatives that at the Federal level it is Democrats that are stopping an AWB. Al Franken, of all people, wants to avoid even talking about it.

Al Franken!

Attachments

• Even_al_franken.jpg
      Even_al_franken.jpg
      11.3 KB · Views: 88

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude