• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigslimdog

Mar 17, 2013
    Harford Co.
    I was looking into getting my first M1 Garand through CMP. When I realized the north store is only about 6 hours away from me I decided I’m going to make the drive up in the next few weeks instead of waiting for months through the mail. Any tips for making a selection in store? I’m looking for a service grade, preferably a Winchester, that will be a shooter. Best day or time to go? Call ahead to see what’s in store?

dbledoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 8, 2013
    Howard County
    I was looking into getting my first M1 Garand through CMP. When I realized the north store is only about 6 hours away from me I decided I’m going to make the drive up in the next few weeks instead of waiting for months through the mail. Any tips for making a selection in store? I’m looking for a service grade, preferably a Winchester, that will be a shooter. Best day or time to go? Call ahead to see what’s in store?

I went in in October. Not much of a selection.
    I either could get some nice special grade rifles that gauged well. Or some service grade for a little less that gauged poorly.

You may want to call and see what is available before making the drive. It seams the South Store has more options.

The other important issue is if you go through the mail there is not sales tax. If you purchase in person they charge Ohio tax. One a $1000+ rifle that adds up.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Look at the store reports on CMP Forums. The North Store is usually pretty sparse unless you catch them on a restock. They sometimes do a big restock during the National Matches, but then there are also a lot of other buyers

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    And confirmed!

Attachments

• B7599E4D-273F-4108-9DD2-2D28A46C7353.jpg
      B7599E4D-273F-4108-9DD2-2D28A46C7353.jpg
      80.6 KB · Views: 155

bigslimdog

Mar 17, 2013
    Harford Co.
    Well that settles that haha. Guess I’ll start getting my packet ready. I would still like to make the trip up when it reopens to hopefully find a Winchester.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom