• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    I bought dummies for my M1 and Mosin M44 from this company:

https://realisticsnapcaps.com/produ...ap-caps-3006-dummy-rounds-8-pack-with-enbloc/

I cannot recommend them enough. I don't know why anyone would cheap out and buy plastic or aluminum training rounds that don't cycle properly. You buy these things once and they're good for a lifetime.

I just couldn't bring myself to put live ammo in my rifles at home for testing purposes. Yesterday, I was able to cycle my M1 to check for enblocs that don't insert easily or try to eject prematurely.

I have also only loaded my Mosin with individual rounds. I keep hearing how lousy the stripper clips are. I was able to use the dummies to weed out the crappy clips and to get the proper motions down to load smoothly using stripper clips. Much better than loading individual cartridges.

bigmancrisler

2A Preacher
    Jun 4, 2020
    Martinsburg, WV

https://realisticsnapcaps.com/produ...ap-caps-3006-dummy-rounds-8-pack-with-enbloc/

I cannot recommend them enough. I don't know why anyone would cheap out and buy plastic or aluminum training rounds that don't cycle properly. You buy these things once and they're good for a lifetime.

I just couldn't bring myself to put live ammo in my rifles at home for testing purposes. Yesterday, I was able to cycle my M1 to check for enblocs that don't insert easily or try to eject prematurely.

I have also only loaded my Mosin with individual rounds. I keep hearing how lousy the stripper clips are. I was able to use the dummies to weed out the crappy clips and to get the proper motions down to load smoothly using stripper clips. Much better than loading individual cartridges.

That’s awesome I think I’ll have to get some, and the mosin clips IMO just take time to get used to. Once you learn the technique it’s not that difficult, still not something I would feel comfortable doing in the heat of battle though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IronDuck

MDS Supporter
    Jan 11, 2021
    Frederick ish MD

Thanks for the recommendation and link. Was thinking about this for my Mosin just the other day. I have stripper clips, but always single fed. Order will be placed shortly!

dfitzs1

Mar 24, 2020
    Some of my crap mosin repro clips are actually quite good after I've broken them in a lot. I just found some surplus one's I'm waiting to get shipped. Hopefully they're as good as their reputation says.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I don't know why anyone would cheap out and buy plastic or aluminum training rounds

Well, I'm thinking one reason is that I like my snap caps never to be confused with live rounds so the fact that most of them are red vs. having a faux brass finish...

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    Well, I'm thinking one reason is that I like my snap caps never to be confused with live rounds so the fact that most of them are red vs. having a faux brass finish...

Easy enough to dab paint or fingernail polish on the tips as well as your clips/magazines rather than suffer with poor performing plastic.

I immediately noticed that they closely resemble "weathered" live rounds so I marked them and I store them separately from my live ammo to avoid a mixup.

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    Very cool! I'm still waiting for the day where snap caps that can push the slide back; not talking about blanks.

Basically, I want snap cap that can cause the gun to eject the snap cap. We need inventor. Anyone?

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Very cool! I'm still waiting for the day where snap caps that can push the slide back; not talking about blanks.

Basically, I want snap cap that can cause the gun to eject the snap cap. We need inventor. Anyone?

Sure. Just need to add something to cause recoil. A powder charge would work. Then you need a primer.

It still wouldn't be an accurate test since most snap caps include the full bullet profile for proper feeding, so we need to lose the end that isn't part of a normal empty, ejected case.

Maybe we can get rid of it by propelling it down the barrel with the powder charge.

I think we're on to something here.

:innocent0

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    I want to add one more requirement: no loud noise, no gun powder or mini explosion or mini combustion of any kind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom