• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    I've viewed the youtube videos showing how to remove the installed trigger, which looks easy. OTOH, mine just won't budge after a certain point. I've followed the instructions in the books and videos and it still won't budge past the illustrated point. It feels like there's something preventing the top of the trigger curve from rising enough to pull back and down.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• trigger_cropped.jpg
      trigger_cropped.jpg
      10.4 KB · Views: 687

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    It's been awhile since I took one part, but I believe you have to take the mag catch out first.

Bingo, that did the trick. :thumbsup:

The rear sight was also installed backwards (huh?), so I corrected that as well and aligned the sights with a laser boresight.

Many thanks.

2ndatrades

Aug 20, 2020
    Howard County
    Not 100% sure to be honest. Website says it will have pitting and there are no returns with this grade. I’m taking a gamble on it, and I like I said previously I have heard positive things about their x grade items. I hope I am one of the lucky ones.

2ndatrades

Aug 20, 2020
    Howard County
    I will post a review + pictures when I receive mine. I’m just hoping for all matching numbers that shoots. I’m gonna order some mags from rguns, they have 25$ each (15$ shipping for an order).

2ndatrades

Aug 20, 2020
    Howard County
    I have seen a ton of pictures of people who ordered the x grade from this batch and they all look very good. No signs of serious rust or pitting from what I saw. We will see on Friday when mine arrives.

2ndatrades

Aug 20, 2020
    Howard County
    Just got mine in. It’s a matching 1966 and in great condition. No rust, no pitting, and grips look amazing. A few minor scratches but nothing serious. I will now need to get a new trigger so I can get rid of the stupid installed safety. All in all very pleased with this purchase, just upset I didn’t snag more of them.

Attachments

• E5FC444F-94A6-43CD-8916-8699A009FF96.jpg
      E5FC444F-94A6-43CD-8916-8699A009FF96.jpg
      47.6 KB · Views: 112

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom