• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    In my limited experience, the $40 rings aren't much different than the $100 rings. They all need fitting. So save the money and just make sure you lap them in properly.

730waters

Apr 20, 2013
    Rising Sun, Md
    I second the Warne Rings. I have been using them for about 40 years on heavy recoiling calibers and they hold up great. The quick release and return to zero of their rings and bases are great.

Ed Anger

Jan 16, 2021
    Gaithersburg, MD
    I recently bought a new Rem 700 in .243 and a low-end Leopold scope is held on with cheap rings. I'd like to know where I can go to site it in. I'm a city kid in Gaithersburg. Bought it for when SHTF. Could use some help. Thanks!

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    I recently bought a new Rem 700 in .243 and a low-end Leopold scope is held on with cheap rings. I'd like to know where I can go to site it in. I'm a city kid in Gaithersburg. Bought it for when SHTF. Could use some help. Thanks!

A Remington 700 for SHTF huh...

Also - this question would be better asked in a more appropriate thread. This thread is asking specifically about scope rings.

Guntry up in Owings Mills has a 100 yd indoor range which is ideal for sighting in rifles due to not having wind as a variable. Plus cameras at 50 and 100 yards make it a nice experience for those with substandard eyes.

Hap Baker in Westminster has up to 200 yards and is outdoors. It's inexpensive and you can set up shop and shoot all day for under $20, but you're going to want to get there 30 minutes to an hour before they open to get a lane on the weekends.

There are various other gun clubs around the area but require AGC membership.

Don't waste your time sighting in your Remy in a 25 yard range that allows rifle calibers.

and best of luck to you when the zombies come...

atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    More of a personal preference, but I've found vertical split rings to be a pain in the ass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom