• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eodcoduto

Feb 23, 2018
    I'm a Marine currently in Twentynine Palms Ca and getting stationed at Indian Head MD. We are going to be living on JBAB so life will be different. I am looking forward to learning all of the different laws I get to pick from living on base, in DC, and stationed in MD.

I enjoy practical shooting, some hunting, and I'm not a bench rest fan at all. I am looking forward to seeing what this site is all about as well as talking with all of you.

Jan 14, 2013
    Millersville, MD
    Hope you enjoy it here! Lots to see and do and there are things I love about being here. First time I was stationed here was in 2005. Been here off and on since. Looking forward to moving away though.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    I'm a Marine currently in Twentynine Palms Ca and getting stationed at Indian Head MD. We are going to be living on JBAB so life will be different. I am looking forward to learning all of the different laws I get to pick from living on base, in DC, and stationed in MD.

I enjoy practical shooting, some hunting, and I'm not a bench rest fan at all. I am looking forward to seeing what this site is all about as well as talking with all of you.
    the good thing you can be at public range all though safer on weekdays less then 30 min from Indian Head Base (Myrtle Grove)edit, Sorry welcome from St Marys County Md

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• msi_welcome.jpg
      msi_welcome.jpg
      30.2 KB · Views: 254

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Maryland is better for purchasing and possessing various firearms . Ironically DC is Shall Issue for Carry . Depends on your personal priorities regarding CCW .

And of course , Welcome !

eodcoduto

Feb 23, 2018
    I don't know if it will be much better, $175 fee to buy a pistol in DC and I can at least have M1A's, Mini 14s, and other semi autos out here! Both states are great its just their governments that are useless.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Oh sure ! Cherry pick the one thing of M1A's to rub in our faces .

( Good natured humor )
    ( M1A are specifically banned by name in Md , and that particularly has us steamed .)

eodcoduto

Feb 23, 2018
    I am trying to do my research now on what is allowed and what isn't. It is hard to find the most current and accurate info. I'm looking forward to WaWa and trees again!

Glockman80

Feb 23, 2018
    Maryland
    FYI

I am trying to do my research now on what is allowed and what isn't. It is hard to find the most current and accurate info. I'm looking forward to WaWa and trees again!

You’ll love gun laws here compared to Cali. But if you were born in Maryland you would be sick to death Of what we have now after Martin Owe-Malley as Governor smdh ruined everything

eodcoduto

Feb 23, 2018
    I was at Quantico before California and I was spoiled with the amount of freedom there, but it looks like it will soon follow MD's laws and thought process. We wanted to live on the Va side again but hours per day in traffic just aren't worth it. Blue crabs are good but a lot of work!

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Most handguns are OK ( except some really rare , strange pistols from the 1980s , that few people other than advanced collectors have ever heard of ).

While you may not purchase over 10rd magazines in Md , you may bring them with you .

Handguns must be registered with Maryland State Police within 90days of *Establishing Residency* , on their website. ( MSP is the state agency handling all thing gun-ish .)

Evil Black Rifles can be tricky , with lots of technical details , and issues of time sequencing . Start a thread in either Rifles or Maryland 2A subforums with particulars of specific rifles/ questions.

For the most part , I would think Cali Legal would be Md Legal , but you already trumped ( card game reference) with M1A's .

eodcoduto

Feb 23, 2018
    I'm not establishing residency but I do have to register them on base which isn't a problem. All of my pistols are good including my 22TCM, which isn't allowed in Cali. It is by far my favorite pistol to shoot and if you haven't shot one you need to! I don't need any more rifles and this move is only for 2-3 years so I will make the best of it and I am excited about finding a good range and getting my reloading gear set back up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom