Freestate is Offering a New Hampshire CCW Course???

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    Got this in an email today. Interesting since there is NO requirement for training in order to obtain a New Hampshire CCW permit....

Attachments

• IMG_2273.JPG
      IMG_2273.JPG
      76.6 KB · Views: 601
    • IMG_2274.JPG
      IMG_2274.JPG
      75.1 KB · Views: 597
    • IMG_2275.JPG
      IMG_2275.JPG
      59.9 KB · Views: 595

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    It's making business for a market that may be inclined to carry in PA or other places that observe it.

I'm not going to cast judgement on a business making use of an opportunity that recent popped up.

TX can't be taught anywhere except TX as I understand it.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    It's making business for a market that may be inclined to carry in PA or other places that observe it.

I'm not going to cast judgement on a business making use of an opportunity that recent popped up.

TX can't be taught anywhere except TX.

No, the point is you don't need a course, or prints, or even a photo for a NH permit. Just $100 and a stamp.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    And NH requires no training. The flyer doesn't bother to mention that.

I have no issue with training, but the lack of actual facts seems intentional and seems kind of disingenuous to me.

just my .02

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    No, the point is you don't need a course, or prints, or even a photo for a NH permit. Just $100 and a stamp.

That's understood 200%. I have one coming in the mail.

They're offering PA specific info and general firearms safety stuff. I didn't take away that their course is a legal requirement for the NH permit from that sales pitch.

If people want the class, they can take the class. Anyone can go to the NH website to see how simple their process is.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Yeah, but to me it seems like they are in not being up front about the actual truth that no training is necessary

It seems intentionally inaccurate.

as I said, just my .02

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    If Freestate is concealing that training isn't at all required for their permit, that's another thing.

Now, Freestate did use the potential for national reciprocity in a recent pitch for their Utah course, which I did think was a bit much, but this just isn't the same, in my opinion.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    IMO, the omission seems intentional and being used to attract business from uninformed people. Do you think they tell students at the start that NH requires no training, no photos and no prints?

somehow I doubt it.

call me a cynic.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    And I see the NH application process is the first thing mentioned in that list of things in the class. It doesn't take much when filling out that application to know that NH just wants your basic info, whether or not you're prohibited, and a check.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I know NOTHING about state permits (naturally). I have no need. I looked at this "flyer" and I take from it that it's a mandatory course needed in order to get the NH permit. There are no if's, and's, or but's about it. But, no one would take the course if they were honest and said the course is not needed for the permit, but would be nice to have anyway just for the training.

SCAM

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    IMO, the omission seems intentional and being used to attract business from uninformed people. Do you think they tell students at the start that NH requires no training, no photos and no prints?

somehow I doubt it.

call me a cynic.

It's capitalism. We know everything because we spend a ton of time on MDS and elsewhere. Others don't have a clue about laws or basic safety. Some people have no problem paying for someone knowledgeable to give them info.

We can give the NH thread a bump at any time, btw ;)

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    why take a class on how to fill out an application? The omission of the actual requirements (or lack of them) seems intentional and disingenuous. If it's not a well known fact, why not be totally honest and post that info?? seems intentional and sleazy to me.

as I said, call me a cynic but they should be more transparent about the actual NH requirements. (or lack of them)

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Why would they list "Prohibited areas/Pennsylvania specific" in the synopsis? IS this a PA training thing to get the NH? Now it's getting confusing. Maybe they just didn't know how to present this on the flyer?

Reason #352 why Freestate is nothing more than Continental east- probably worse. They are conning people into spending money that doesn't need to be spent.
    After my raffle won M&P transfer, I swore I would never set foot in there again and this solidifies that. They make up laws about transfer wait times, yet don't enforce actual laws; IE: MD approved handgun locks.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    that's my feling as well. Why not put all the info out there in the email and let people decide for themselves?

The omission seems intentional and a bit disingenuous.

just my opinion of course.

YMMV

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    why take a class on how to fill out an application?

this stinks to me.

My point was that if you learned in the beginning of the class that you didn't need the class for the permit and felt misled, wouldn't you leave the class or otherwise voice your displeasure?

For places that offer classes for rifles and shotguns, both of which can be purchased with zero training whatsoever, do they go out of their way to say how much that person doesn't need the class?

They're pitching it for those what want to carry in PA. How many of us know all the prohibited places or use of force laws in PA? Sure, handgunlaw.us and other sites are there for that info, but some just want it taught to them.

$100 for info presented in a class setting where you can ask questions?
    What's so bad about that?

How many people even knew about NH permit at all, let alone that it works in PA before Freestate sent that email? Now some of those people are googling the permit. Some will learn fast that they don't need anything. Some will want it anyway.

Full disclosure, I have no pony in this fight. I don't go to Freestate. Just thought the reaction to their ad was interesting enough for some civil debate.

Cheers, guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom