MSP: FIREARM PURCHASE APPLICANTS WITH APPLICATIONS PENDING ON OCT 1 WON'T NEED HQL

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    So tell me exactly HOW I'm supposed to get an HQL by 10/1? That's the entire point of going in and public ally stating a make, model and SN with cash in hand attempting to purchase on 10/1.

I almost bought a pistol today just to be part of the suit. Now this makes it even better.

Suggestion to follow!!!

Like I said I could be wrong, but doesn't the new 77r require the HQL information at purchase?

Publius

Mar 18, 2013
    Ellicott City
    This will essentially once again put the ball in the dealers' court. There will be dealers saying they will not violate the law, and in court the state will say "not our fault for them waiting on the HQL". A repeat of what we saw over the 'Not Disaproved' delays, except in this case a dealer releasing early will be in clear violation of SB281.

Dec 31, 2012
    You might want an AG statement before you rely on a press release in court when they confiscate your Sept 30th purchase, post Oct 1st release date, without an HQL.

Something is wrong here.

Retraction or AG statement to follow.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/158788674/AG-opinion

https://www.mdsp.org/Organization/S...ion/Firearms/HandgunQualificationLicense.aspx

Dancing around word meaning is one thing.

Out right lying and encouraging citizens to break the law is unacceptable.

MDSP site is down. Maybe they recognized their tacit encouragement to break the law and trust that it wouldn't later be held against you isn't the best civics lesson. They really would benefit from AG backing. I suspect MSI has them all tied up in considering how to move forward. :D

Sidebar: note the distinction in this regulated firearm position statement. They still want the 77r submitted by Sept 30. By contrast, with a soon to be banned firearm, one only needs a purchase order by Sept 30.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    You might want an AG statement before you rely on a press release in court when they confiscate your Sept 30th purchase, post Oct 1st release date, without an HQL.

Something is wrong here.

Retraction or AG statement to follow.

Not going to happen. They would cook their own goose if they did that after this press release. It would literately put a nice bow for the delivery of the suites that would follow.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    If, down the road, a judge or politician makes the determination that MSP had no legal right to do this, does it place the buyer into a kettle of hot water?

As is confiscation?

Dec 31, 2012
    Not going to happen. They would cook their own goose if they did that after this press release. It would literately put a nice bow for the delivery of the suites that would follow.

I'm pretty sure someone at MSP is being cooked by the AG right now.
    :D

Or the AG's office is throwing the MSP under the bus.
    ;)

pilotguy299

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2010
    FredNeck County, MD
    Sorry guys, this is absolutely wrong. The State Police do not have the authority to tell people to violate the written law,even if we don't agree with the law.

This is an act of gross misconduct in office,and I am going to send a complaint to my delegate and senator about it.

Allowing them to break the law, so that they can try to reduce the number of future plaintiffs against them, should not be tolerated.

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    Id be willing to bet they are only doing this because the HQL wont be ready by Oct 1st, and due to the processing time for people to get their HQL - the wait time would be an infringement (not like the HQL itself isnt anyways) resulting in further lawsuits.

Viper-Snipe

May 13, 2012
    I just got back from Bob's (SMD) and he just placed a LARGE hand gun order due to come in on Thursday. He is expecting this weekend to be a BIG business day.

V-S

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom