• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    I don't particularly see the reason for this, BUT, it's a Glock so of course, I will get one. Can't wait to pick up my Gen 5 G17 & G19 tomorrow!!!

I MAY just have to get my HQL, now.

Think Colt Commander/Combat Commander.
    Beretta Centurion.

Same/same.

Full-sized frame, shorter barrel/slide assembly.

Like a fool, I didn't get the Centurion when I could have.
    Like a fool, I sold my beloved Combat Commander.

I just might have to eat my words..... get the HQL...... and get the 19X. (Not sure why they're not calling it the 17C (for compact or custom). :shrug:

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    As far as I'm concerned the G19/23 is a "full sized" grip. I have rather small hands so no need for me personally to have G17 sized grip. The extra rounds would be nice but making the hardest part to conceal "larger" doesn't work for me.

I agree had it been on the market 10 years ago it certainly would have been a real popular duty gun for LEO's.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I can see where this might be useful for some, but I'd like a factory suppressor ready model MOS/tall sights/threaded barrel, or a 19 slide on a 26 frame.

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    which is basically already a glock copy :)

Umm how??

The X carry is better in every single way and an advancement here in 2017-2018..where the Glock is a minor upgrade from its early 80’s design.
    X carry has a nice slide cut out to reduce weight of the slide, iron tritium night sights standard not plastic like glock, cutout for a rmr, better controls, steel guide rod not plastic like glock, better grip texture/stippling, has a stainless slide (which is then nitron coated), modular ability to swap frames, front serrations, nice quality metal mags not plastic like glock, a better trigger (also prefer the flat design personally).. And let’s face it, it flat out looks much better but that’s subjective

But other than that, sure I guess you could call every single polymer gun ever made a glock copy :)

Put a 19 slide on a 17 frame and the Glock fan base goes crazy

Attachments

• FD73EF47-FD94-4664-A56C-B1E68DEED03E.jpg
      FD73EF47-FD94-4664-A56C-B1E68DEED03E.jpg
      33.9 KB · Views: 271

5cary

On the spreading edge of the butter knife.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2007
    Sykesville, MD
    I carry a 19 every day...and hate it. The reason I hate it would (mostly) be solved by this model. The 19 grip is the *perfect* length to catch the meat of my palm between the mag base and the mag well on reloads. Range days suck for that reason.

Then again, if I was going to have a 17 grip, I'd probably prefer a 17 slide anyway.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    After watching Sootch00's video, this is a money grab by glock. If it's $50 more than a NS G19 maybe. But more than that I'd get a Vickers G19/17.
    It should have had the MOS cut and a TB. It is cool and addresses a hole in Glocktopia.
    For that matter the Sig Xcarry is hot and I would get that in a second. It almost a grand though.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Lack of a TB is a legitimate complaint, given that I believe the MHS program did specify that as a capability.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Hey , I thought of this in 1988 !

Like Bfy43 said , think Combat Commander .

People who obsess over capacity will drool , those whose hands actually fit a G17 frame better will like the option of the shorter bbl .

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I carry a 19 every day...and hate it. The reason I hate it would (mostly) be solved by this model. The 19 grip is the *perfect* length to catch the meat of my palm between the mag base and the mag well on reloads. Range days suck for that reason.

Then again, if I was going to have a 17 grip, I'd probably prefer a 17 slide anyway.

For me, the 19 grip was just a little short too, the Magpul magwell extends and flares it a little, doesn't add any real length, and does speed up reloads. Can't beat it for a $20 part.
    20171216_212341.jpg

20171216_212353.jpg

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    That'd match up with my M&P .45, in an odd way admittedly. I have a full-size frame, but with the 4" barrel.

But, seeing as I already have a 31 and a 32, can't say I'm tempted to spend the money.

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    After watching Sootch00's video, this is a money grab by glock. If it's $50 more than a NS G19 maybe. But more than that I'd get a Vickers G19/17.
    It should have had the MOS cut and a TB. It is cool and addresses a hole in Glocktopia.
    For that matter the Sig Xcarry is hot and I would get that in a second. It almost a grand though.

I almost bought the X carry for $697 but damn Maryland Handgun roster would have to be submitted then approval roughly April to take ownership..plus gun budget has gone way over budget

Tracker

Aug 21, 2011
    Anne Arundel County
    I've had something very similar for about 15yrs. Its called a Springfield XD9 service model. A 4 inch barrel with full sized grip. I think Glock will sell a lot of this new model. Shooting the XD is like pointing your finger and I'm sure the Glock will be just as good. I hope they will sell a 10rd model so us poor saps in MD. can get one.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I need a magwell

I really like something like a small magwell or extended floorplate, helps lock in your grip. Only real issue with the magwell is that it would be near impossible to grab and strip a stuck mag, although the likelyhood of a stuck mag that could be pulled out with fingertips, but not by slamming it down on the mag with the release pushed in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom