• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Word on the street is that Big Daddy Unlimited has RMRs for sub $400 prices. I don't know what it costs to join for a month though. DVOR occasionally has very good sales on Trijicon RMRs as well.

I think the RMR type 2 will trend down in price in the next year or two as more and more competitors start to approach it in reliability and durability.

Thanks my friend. I am on DVOR's mailing list so will keep an eye out when reading them too.

Cal68

toppkatt

Ultimate Member
    Apr 22, 2017
    MDT chassis for my Ruger American AR. MDT only does sales and factory second offerings once a year, so this is my one chance to get one cheaper than usual.

dang, wish I had known this a few days ago...
    Oh, well what is done is done.
    Maybe time for a second one... as a backup, yeah a backup.

Todd S

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2012
    Glen Rock, PA
    I got burnt on a Savage rebate so I don’t trust them at all.

Weird. I'm 4 for 4 on rebates from them. Takes a while, but I always receive them.

****I also just checked their website. The $75 rebate says for Axis/ Trophy/ Apex or Engage. It does not list the 12FV. The Cabelas/BPS Black Friday flier shows the rifle for $299 after mail-in rebate.****

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Thanks my friend. I am on DVOR's mailing list so will keep an eye out when reading them too.

Cal68

Is there any trick to using DVOR? I've never tried to buy anything from them before although I am on their mailing list. I got an E-mail from them yesterday saying that they have 54 items on sale including Trijicon SRO red dot sights but when I logged into my account, there were no sale items to be seen. I have a hard time believing that 54 different items sold out so quickly. What is the process of seeing what they have on sale? Thanks for your help.

Cal68

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Dvor is one of those places that frequently puts items on "sale", vs having a real sale. Don't get me wrong, sometimes they have exceptional deals, but you need to wade through a lot of not-deals to find them. I mean, take their current SRO sale, for example - it's really not any better than most other places when it's on discount once you include taxes and shipping. They work best when you're looking for something in particular, and simply check once or twice a week to see if they've got it, and what their price is.

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    I am looking to pick up a few Holosun's to finally get some optics on a couple of my rifles. Probably some HS403B's.

Lucca1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 9, 2013
    Behind Enemy Lines

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Dvor has the occasional sale on something decent, but pushes a lot of absolute junk. They're owned by OpticsPlanet. Both of them seem shady to me.

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    I’m looking for a deal on a bolt action rifle, Cabela’s has a deal on the Savage Axis XP but the best deal is in-store and I do not want to be a trampled on Black Friday statistic and I can only imagine how bad the gun counter will be.

Hoping my LGS has a deal but if not I’ll probably just end up looking for a scope deal and buying a TC Compass before Christmas.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I’m looking for a deal on a bolt action rifle, Cabela’s has a deal on the Savage Axis XP but the best deal is in-store and I do not want to be a trampled on Black Friday statistic and I can only imagine how bad the gun counter will be.

Hoping my LGS has a deal but if not I’ll probably just end up looking for a scope deal and buying a TC Compass before Christmas.

Located in Carroll County. Probably could be talked down as his price seems to be full retail.

Attachments

• F07A0BAE-2951-4B0A-AB7B-E9A3C49C3FAE.jpg
      F07A0BAE-2951-4B0A-AB7B-E9A3C49C3FAE.jpg
      59.8 KB · Views: 575

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Dvor is one of those places that frequently puts items on "sale", vs having a real sale. Don't get me wrong, sometimes they have exceptional deals, but you need to wade through a lot of not-deals to find them. I mean, take their current SRO sale, for example - it's really not any better than most other places when it's on discount once you include taxes and shipping. They work best when you're looking for something in particular, and simply check once or twice a week to see if they've got it, and what their price is.

Dvor has the occasional sale on something decent, but pushes a lot of absolute junk. They're owned by OpticsPlanet. Both of them seem shady to me.

Thanks guys. I got suspicious when I logged into my account and could not find a single one of the 54 items that they supposedly had on "sale". I will avoid them in the future. But I will say that I've bought a few items from OpticsPlanet and not had any issues with them at all.

Cal68

hi3cho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2012
    Edgemere

I just picked up the Savage Axis II package in 30-06 with the Bushnell Prime scope and rings from KyGunCo. It was $425 before a $75 Rebate from Savage and a $30 Rebate, so about $320 after rebates. The scope alone retails for around $200.

I have an Savage Axis II XP in 308 that came with a decent scope and rebate that went through fine. I really like the rifle and trigger which is why I picked up this in 30-06.

I have a Thompson center compass in 30-06 with a vortex scope that I purchased as a package two years ago. I am not a huge fan of the trigger on that one. I even bought an aftermarket spring to lighten it up and it still doesn't compare to the savage. I would recommend the savage over the compass IMO. If you are set on the Compass I am looking to get rid of mine now that I have the Savage in 30-06.

hi3cho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2012
    Edgemere
    Need a cheap reasonable quality socket, wrench, ratchet, screwdriver, allen key.............you know the type. To stow in my vehicle for emergencies. Had one, ended up taking it out because I lost too many tools from my other set ;)

Not sure how cheap or reasonable you are looking for a quality set but it is hard to beat this set IMO. It is a little heavy but I keep it in my truck. You can usually find it for under $150 with coupon and it has about everything you will ever need from 1/4 to 1/2", torx, hex, up to "1+ sockets. It is organized pretty well for all that it includes. I have yet to show it someone that was not impressed with the quality for the price.

https://www.harborfreight.com/mechanics-tool-set-301-pc-63464.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom