Preferred method of trimming brass in high volume?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Thanks! Just bought one!

It's fast. At least as fast as the possum hollow ones without having to buy a different trimmer for each caliber. Once you get your COAL set, it stays put and you can just go, go, go. I tape down the trigger on my cordless drill, put it in a padded vise so I have two free hands, and crank out brass like nobody's business.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    It's fast. At least as fast as the possum hollow ones without having to buy a different trimmer for each caliber. Once you get your COAL set, it stays put and you can just go, go, go. I tape down the trigger on my cordless drill, put it in a padded vise so I have two free hands, and crank out brass like nobody's business.

I have been using WFT trimmers, and need a couple more. This is cheaper than one of those!!

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    I have been using WFT trimmers, and need a couple more. This is cheaper than one of those!!

Just by way of mention, and without knowing what cartridges others are loading or considering loading....

Little Crow also makes the WFT 2, which differs from the original WFT in that it utilizes inserts that can trim "families" of similar cartridges, rather than being single cartridge specific. As an example, a WFT 2, if purchased wisely with a .308 Winchester insert, will also trim 7mm-08, .260 Remington, and .243 Winchester, which are all derivatives of/similar enough to the .308 case. It will also handle .30-06.

Be aware though that you need a 1/2 inch chucked drill to drive the WFT 2.

cstone

Dec 12, 2018
    Baltimore, MD
    I've had a Giraud for years. If I ever bought a Dillon 650/750 with a case feeder, I would get an RT 1500.

The best setup I have ever used was a Dillon 1050 with a tool head setup just to prep .223 cases. Lube the cases in a one gallon zip lock bag, put them in the case feeder, turn on the case feeder, trimmer and vacuum. Start pulling the handle and I would roll through a five gallon bucket of brass in a few hours. More money = less time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom