• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fl1p

May 25, 2020
    I managed to pick up some “free” shotguns that needed some love. One of the shotguns is an old Wards Westernfield SB30A. Fun little gun that was going to get cleaned up and put in the safe for a loaner or rainy day.

After finding a video on YouTube I found out that this little find of a shotgun is actually a takedown pump. Kind neat how it breaks down so easy.

Does anybody have any experience with these? Is it worth the time and money to restore these? Also, does anybody know where I might find a replacement stock? Google can’t make heads or tails of my request.

Attachments

• DA90753E-DD0E-4C64-8A79-5F8870AFB107.jpg
      DA90753E-DD0E-4C64-8A79-5F8870AFB107.jpg
      86.7 KB · Views: 250

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    I have the wards pump, looks just like yours. Haven’t shot it in years, I remember it being pretty good for goose hunting, and it kicks like a mule.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    I managed to pick up some “free” shotguns that needed some love. One of the shotguns is an old Wards Westernfield SB30A. Fun little gun that was going to get cleaned up and put in the safe for a loaner or rainy day.

After finding a video on YouTube I found out that this little find of a shotgun is actually a takedown pump. Kind neat how it breaks down so easy.

Does anybody have any experience with these? Is it worth the time and money to restore these? Also, does anybody know where I might find a replacement stock? Google can’t make heads or tails of my request.

Numrich shows a reproduction stock.

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/category/manufacturers/shotguns-sav/520a

Fl1p

May 25, 2020
    Thanks for the help guys. I’m going to look for somebody that has a 520A stock in stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom