• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • notional

MDS Supporter
    So, if national carry passes, how will that have any affect upon me, here in Maryland, where I can't even get a concealed carry permit in my own home state? Will the out-of-state permits I have be accepted nationally? Or is there just going to be a national carry permit issued?

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    So, if national carry passes, how will that have any affect upon me, here in Maryland, where I can't even get a concealed carry permit in my own home state? Will the out-of-state permits I have be accepted nationally? Or is there just going to be a national carry permit issued?

Welcome to MDS!

It all depends on the wording of the bills that are passed, if they are passed.

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    Once upon a time in a Trailer Park far away...

They told a bold tale about National Reciprocity...

And how it could change everyone's lives forever & for the better...

BUT sadly this tale didn't have a Happy Ending or a Soft Landing...

And all the King's Horses & all the King's Men...

Couldn't get it done once again...

Thump...

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    This is all just smoke and mirrors (IMHO) to show that they tried to work with the NRA and the good decent people of the United States ..............................then boom nothing .

thomfantomas

Crna Ovca
    Feb 15, 2013
    Дундак ex Florida Keys
    Once upon a time in a Trailer Park far away...

They told a bold tale about National Reciprocity...

And how it could change everyone's lives forever & for the better...

BUT sadly this tale didn't have a Happy Ending or a Soft Landing...

And all the King's Horses & all the King's Men...

Couldn't get it done once again...

Thump...

Are you okay?

You posted this twice already

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    Are you okay?
    You posted this twice already

I think so...

We lost power for a few minutes & evidently I had pushed the Summit Button before the power went out...

When power was restored, I rebooted my machine, it returned to the same page as if I had NOT submitted it...

So I Submitted it...

When I saw the 2nd one, I looked for a DELETE button...

Not finding one, I deleted the text from the 2nd one...

Yup, I'm fine...

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Welcome ! We're all looking forward to greeting you in the Introductions sub forum.

But the short answer to the question-

All depends on the fine print of what emerges from the reconciliation committee after it passes both Houses .

thomfantomas

Crna Ovca
    Feb 15, 2013
    Дундак ex Florida Keys
    I think so...

We lost power for a few minutes & evidently I had pushed the Summit Button before the power went out...

When power was restored, I rebooted my machine, it returned to the same page as if I had NOT submitted it...

So I Submitted it...

When I saw the 2nd one, I looked for a DELETE button...

Not finding one, I deleted the text from the 2nd one...

Yup, I'm fine...

:D

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead

As I understand it, it is a national reciprocity bill. If you are licensed to carry in your home state you’ll be able to carry everywhere. I don’t think this is a “shall issue” , uh...issue.

Previous poster makes a good point about MD’ers with out of state carry licenses. That could go either way perhaps, although most states’ rules say if you’re not licensed to carry in your own state of residence you can’t carry on a reciprocal permit from another state.

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    Long story shory short if HR38(not the senates version) passes the senate we can carry in MD and anywhere else!

:innocent0 as per the thread title, THERE'LL BE BLOOD IN THE STREETS! "IT'LL BE LIKE THE WILD WEST!" and so on.

the fuel the libs need to counter the national reciprocity movement is one or two tragedies. tragedies due to the lack of training or carelessness on behalf of the good samaritan. when that happens, if it happens, the general public that doesn't carry may not understand the need to carry but intend to do something about the tragedies that could have been avoided.

get training! train often. get more training. :smoke:

HankR

Ultimate Member
    Jan 22, 2013
    Upper Midwest
    :innocent0 as per the thread title, THERE'LL BE BLOOD IN THE STREETS! "IT'LL BE LIKE THE WILD WEST!" and so on.

the fuel the libs need to counter the national reciprocity movement is one or two tragedies...

They also need to squelch the reports of good guys with guns aiding victims, as the in the recent church shooting.

To answer the OP, if "it" passes, the results will depend on what "it" is that passes.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    This is the House bill as it's written, so far.

Apologies for picture quality. It's been passed around a few too many times.

Attachments

• Reciprocity of CCW.jpg
      Reciprocity of CCW.jpg
      61.2 KB · Views: 252

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Ultimately we have to see what version is passed. It could be anything from letting us carry in MD with an out of state non-resident permit to no carry without a permit from the state you reside in. It's hard to say.

If it ends up being the later though, we still need to support it, because it could be a form of playing the long game, waiting for stories of visitors defending themselves to make it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom