• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    (evil laugh)

Decided I required another Christmas present ;)

Now my Garand has a little brutha... :icon_wink:

14d1q3a.jpg

16hu7ag.jpg

I have a feeling this is going to be more fun than my AR.... :cool:

Last edited:

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Just got done tearing her down and cleaning her.

Always am amazed how "dirty" new guns are when you purchase them. I know that the manufacturer tests fires them.... but really, can't they at least run a couple of swabs down the barrel afterwards? :sad20:

This is one rifle that I may use grease on, for some of the wear points. Normally I just use G96 to clean and protect, and a little gun oil... but have been reading about using grease in particular areas with the Mini 14.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Trust me... you don't want to see me feet... :lol2:

I am going to have to scope this one... or maybe a red dot sight... the rear peep sight is worthless to me. Ruger was kind enough to include their proprietary scope rings and a rail/screws so now I need to see if a scope appears in my Christmas stocking... working on that

wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    Just got done tearing her down and cleaning her.

Always am amazed how "dirty" new guns are when you purchase them. I know that the manufacturer tests fires them.... but really, can't they at least run a couple of swabs down the barrel afterwards? :sad20:

This is one rifle that I may use grease on, for some of the wear points. Normally I just use G96 to clean and protect, and a little gun oil... but have been reading about using grease in particular areas with the Mini 14.

good luck getting the bolt back in. I had to wiggle it a lot to get it back in after cleaning mine. Maybe I don't have enough dexterity to clean guns.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    good luck getting the bolt back in. I had to wiggle it a lot to get it back in after cleaning mine. Maybe I don't have enough dexterity to clean guns.

Yes, it is tricky but there's a very simple way to get it in. You have to make sure the firing pin is retracted. See here:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom