• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Always a good one, always come home with something. Photos on web site, last time I was there they did accepted C & R and I believe they facilitated Maryland transfers.

http://reddingauction.com/July31.htm

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    It's a terrible auction stay away.....no need for you guys to show up.:innocent0

Jul 1, 2012
    There's as couple of interesting C&R pistols and a ton of revolvers, Winchesters, sporting rifles, etc.
    Nothing I can't live without but the Colt Snake collectors may be excited !

Blue Fins

Aug 23, 2011
    Wonderful auction if you're selling. Top money is paid there. No deals to be found for the buyer. The upside is that IF you are looking for some odd caliber, or a collector series, and you want to part with a chunk of cash, you might see it there.

Blue Fins

Aug 23, 2011
    Wonderful auction if you're selling. Top money is paid there. No deals to be found for the buyer. The upside is that IF you are looking for some odd caliber, or a collector series, and you want to part with a chunk of cash, you might see it there.

Also... IF you ever go, I would recommend going when the temperature isn't over 90. Damn its hot in that building.
    Oh and one bathroom for 500 people.
    Some might like it, but it's not for me.

mstraus

Jul 23, 2009
    Frederick MD
    I went for some mags. One guy with deep pockets was cleaning up. I did get 10 AR in one set and 4 from another. Best deal was 4 5900 mags for my Keltec Sub2k. Also got a nice Earp collector shadow box and a ammo box.

Lot of old money guys with deep deep pockets. I refer to them as gun horders. Also a father son team that likes to pay retail+ for items. Deals to be found but can be tough.

Dandy auction LOL

Greisnir

Apr 22, 2015
    I missed this thread and the auction but there is more auctions ahead I see so it wasn't a total loss.

GunnerGunz

Sunken Treasure
    Mar 2, 2010
    Reisterstown
    I agree with BlueFins, I went to two of them and most of the guns were selling near or above brand spanking new. Something about i gotta beat this guy out no matter what the expense. I also went to an estate auction that had 10 guns for sale and a few home furnishings in WV. OMG I pulled up towards the house and there must have been 80 cars up n down the street. I turned around and went home never to look on the web for private auctions again.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    I agree with BlueFins, I went to two of them and most of the guns were selling near or above brand spanking new. Something about i gotta beat this guy out no matter what the expense. I also went to an estate auction that had 10 guns for sale and a few home furnishings in WV. OMG I pulled up towards the house and there must have been 80 cars up n down the street. I turned around and went home never to look on the web for private auctions again.

-You might not want to lose hope in situations like the estate auction. In my experience the majority of your competition will be antique dealers looking for inventory on the cheap. So often there are only a handful of serious firearm bidders. Can't tell you how many times I've been bidding on a firearm and my only real competition was a local gunshop owner who usually cannot afford to stock his inventory paying over 70% of market value. Gives you a leg up.
    -As to Redding, I've been a longtime attendee and it has shifted back to a seller's venue. There are 2-3 deep pocket dealers from the tri-state area who specialize in C&R and sell mainly on Gunbroker who have been driving this trend. They've been getting above market prices in the last couple of years (thanks Obama) and aren't shy, or too poor, about bidding up to market value because they're getting more than that when selling. Sucks but that's what happens when a venue gets a good rep and starts consigning interesting items. I will say that I love that Redding doesn't charge a buyer's premium and is so easy to work with if you have a 03.

GunnerGunz

Sunken Treasure
    Mar 2, 2010
    Reisterstown
    -You might not want to lose hope in situations like the estate auction. In my experience the majority of your competition will be antique dealers looking for inventory on the cheap. So often there are only a handful of serious firearm bidders. Can't tell you how many times I've been bidding on a firearm and my only real competition was a local gunshop owner who usually cannot afford to stock his inventory paying over 70% of market value. Gives you a leg up.
    -As to Redding, I've been a longtime attendee and it has shifted back to a seller's venue. There are 2-3 deep pocket dealers from the tri-state area who specialize in C&R and sell mainly on Gunbroker who have been driving this trend. They've been getting above market prices in the last couple of years (thanks Obama) and aren't shy, or too poor, about bidding up to market value because they're getting more than that when selling. Sucks but that's what happens when a venue gets a good rep and starts consigning interesting items. I will say that I love that Redding doesn't charge a buyer's premium and is so easy to work with if you have a 03.

I have bought some guns from them in the past, I really like their shop. They pack in quite an assortment of firearms in a small place and very friendly.

doggyjacket

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2016
    MoCo
    Huh. Lotta interesting guns there but sounds like it's not even worth the trip if you're not going to pay LNIB prices.

doggyjacket

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2016
    MoCo
    Anyone go to the auction this weekend? They had some really nice guns and I considered going to check the price on the Browning Citori and Ruger GP100 but got busy with other stuff.

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    Was there once last year and will not be going back. Buyers paying more than market for many pieces. I bid on about six Garands and M1 Carbines and stopped well short of selling price on every one of them

You'll do better at Tyler Firearms in Halethoroe or on GunBroker.

Lew--Ranger63

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Redding is a poor venue for Garands and M1 Carbines esp. I'm always shocked at the bidding wars going on for nice US martial arms there. You can find bargains (I do) but sometimes it's just as much luck (who shows up to bid against you) as skill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom