Cecil County
    You sure?

user-gatling-gun-motorcycle-920-12.jpg

I think I need one of these! Or two..... or three....:innocent0

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    It was worth it for me, got some .22mag ammo & a nice ammo can. Hope the guy that was looking for flares went, they had some there. Also saw Tannerite for sale, too bad it's illegal here...;-)

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    Lots of magazines and some uzi and mac 10 semi autos that we can't own. The Federal 22 bricks that Duffys was selling this week for $20 this week were 22.50 - $30. One dealer was unloading an estate purchase of lightly used S&W's. Nearly all with the faintest of turn rings at less than GB prices.

One guy was selling repackaged Bullseye powder for $20. I chatted with a PA lawyer selling gun trusts for $149

I hadn't been to a gun show in 3 or 4 years and it was than I remembered MD shows. If there wasn't shipping and MD transfer fees I would have brought home a Smith M-14

Last edited:
    Jun 20, 2014
    Went today early and the parking lot was pretty full. Took the wife with me as a pay back for her keeping me in DSW shoe warehouse for 3 hours a few months ago. The show was good as far as I am concerned . Pick up two nice range bags. A nice aluminum hard case for the AR series guns. A pair of shooting glasses . A t-shirt . Had a good time with the Misses, she actually said she liked going. She pointed out " there is a box of them things you like to look at over there" . I got to love her , she was a trooper and hung in there. :D

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Didn't mean an M14, I meant a model 14 38 special.

Smith 14 K38 Masterpiece??? Super wadcutter gun. I have an earlier one (late first run production) that is the best chootin' wheel gun in double action I've ever experienced and it's definitely been "tuned". If it was in really super nice condition condition at a decent price, you shoulda' done it as you wouldn't regret it.

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    Went today early and the parking lot was pretty full. Took the wife with me as a pay back for her keeping me in DSW shoe warehouse for 3 hours a few months ago. The show was good as far as I am concerned . Pick up two nice range bags. A nice aluminum hard case for the AR series guns. A pair of shooting glasses . A t-shirt . Had a good time with the Misses, she actually said she liked going. She pointed out " there is a box of them things you like to look at over there" . I got to love her , she was a trooper and hung in there. :D

How much was the AR hard case and where was the seller? heading up there tomorrow, went to the Baltimore show today, it was smaller than expected.

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    Lou you are probably right. Two 14-3's and a 14-5, plus another 20+ various models. The owner had shot them all but not much. Every one I picked up was super nice. I did not ask the seller if he would sell to Marylanders. I saw at least one dealer with a sign no handgun sales to folks like us.

Jun 20, 2014
    How much was the AR hard case and where was the seller? .

The name of the guy is Sol Sparer and as you walk in he is on the right end wall about half way down . His company name is Silver Bullet International . Picked up a model BL-50 for
    Eighty bucks.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Lou you are probably right. Two 14-3's and a 14-5, plus another 20+ various models. The owner had shot them all but not much. Every one I picked up was super nice. I did not ask the seller if he would sell to Marylanders. I saw at least one dealer with a sign no handgun sales to folks like us.

I would have told that dealer, "Thanks for helping the anti's work against us!" in a polite but loud enough way that gun people nearby could hear it.

driver69911

Oct 6, 2013
    N Central MD
    Have been to several shows at this venue, and enjoyed them all, until today. Lots of low-quality and/or non-gun-related stuff. Virtually nothing for reloaders. Couldn't even find small rifle primers.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    It wasn't great but I didn't think it was bad. A few highlights:

Mags weren't dirt cheap but competitive, I got two 20rd 3rd Gen PMAGs, a Sand PMAG (More for novelty) and a CTR for $100 total. Didn't think that was bad, a hair better than online and the mags were there!

Saw no shortage of very nice Mosin 1891s for $200 or less, had some dealt down to $180 OTD.

Ammo wasn't super plentiful but was available.

There was a nice Marlin XT tube fed laminate stainless, it it had a carbine I would have had it.

A table had a nice rack of very very nice S&W trade ins, VG or better at nice prices. 36s, 19s, if I hadn't been in Maryland I would have definitely bought a few.

Bad news, GI stuff was out of sight, carbines starting at $999 (SHOW SPECIAL), Krags about the same, Garands about the same.

The selection of lever guns wasn't great either, came across one Pre-64 Winchester in nice shape that was $490 thought about it.

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    Have been to several shows at this venue, and enjoyed them all, until today. Lots of low-quality and/or non-gun-related stuff. Virtually nothing for reloaders. Couldn't even find small rifle primers.

I saw a lot of reloading stuff, presses, powder, media, bullets, brass, scales & dies. Picked up a set of new looking 32acp carbide dies & a spare Lyman T-Mag turret for $35 each. Also got a new .223 Encore barrel for $225 a nice 22 rifle scope and a couple of pistol mags. It was much better than the Timonium show yesterday.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom