• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    You can find it the same or a few cents per cheaper including shipping at targetsportsusa, Natchez or SGAmmo, but its without the can and stripper clips (ie bulk). So basically, this deal is gets you the can and stripper clips for free. Also, Ive seen Wolf Gold in the wild for .27 per (plus shipping).

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Give it a month and the summer rebates will start. Hopefully the ammo surplus will yield sub $0.24 cpr .223/5.56. What a difference 5 years makes.

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    For those of you who buy 5.56 on the stripper clips, do you use it in rifles that use the clips or strip them off the clips and use them in whatever you have? Just curious since i have seen these sales, but I would have to strip them off to use them.

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    For those of you who buy 5.56 on the stripper clips, do you use it in rifles that use the clips or strip them off the clips and use them in whatever you have? Just curious since i have seen these sales, but I would have to strip them off to use them.

It's supposed to make it quicker and easier to load a magazine than pushing them in 1 at a time. Especially using a loader like this:
    http://www.maglula.com/product/m-16-ar-15-striplula-5-56-223/

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I fumble with a few stripper clips using the tool above. When the last few rounds invariably jam for the third time in a row, or I cannot get enough leverage to push that follower in, I give up and feed them one at a time. :lol2:

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA

the one's i've bought in the past come with a ~1" metal clip/bracket that mounts on the magazine (works great with pmags). the ammo clip goes in the other end of the clip/bracket, you then press down on the stripper clip (actually the furthest round from you, not the actual end of the clip) and voila the rounds go in your magazine.

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    I fumble with a few stripper clips using the tool above. When the last few rounds invariably jam for the third time in a row, or I cannot get enough leverage to push that follower in, I give up and feed them one at a time. :lol2:

I find it works best if the bottom of the mag is sitting on something solid before pushing the rounds in.

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    the one's i've bought in the past come with a ~1" metal clip/bracket that mounts on the magazine (works great with pmags). the ammo clip goes in the other end of the clip/bracket, you then press down on the stripper clip (actually the furthest round from you, not the actual end of the clip) and voila the rounds go in your magazine.

It's supposed to make it quicker and easier to load a magazine than pushing them in 1 at a time. Especially using a loader like this:
    http://www.maglula.com/product/m-16-ar-15-striplula-5-56-223/

Thanks for the information. I was thinking it was more of the type that you used to load directly into the rifle. Now I will have to pay closer attention to those sales.

slybarman

low speed high drag 9-5er
    Feb 10, 2013
    Stripper clips are awesome when used with the maglula. I have used them in classes and was reloaded and back on the line well ahead of people loading one round at a time.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Yup. Strippers and a Maglula will spoil you compared to loading by hand. Not that AR mags are bad compared to some, but hey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom