New Unattended Emissions Inspection Kiosk.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I dread going to emissions inspection. It just pisses me off that we have to waste our time and money on such a useless government apparatuses like VEIP.

Today I was less pissed off. I discovered the automated machine. Open 24hrs. Cost $4 less. No wait and no personnel attitude to deal with.

c7ed8b1a7e1c01efba81da609faf3618.jpg

e3be838340284eb238af686ea340181b.jpg

f4381c742135aec6852b31c919b357e2.jpg

Just follow the on screen instructions and plug in the ODB2 connector and let the test run itself.

If they could do this with tags and drivers licenses and pass the savings onto the residents I would be happy.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Instead of a kiosk why don’t they just have a little metal box where you can drive by and put money in it?
    That’s all the program really amounts to.

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Soooooo, they added a little lube to your screwing and your happy. If it works for you, its ok with me.

Nobody

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    The veip station in prince Frederick is nice... Employees are friendly and quick.

Typically car or two ahead of me. Last few times.. I was the only one on line.

Go to VA .. yearly inspection.. every 2 for emissions.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    How does it know you plugged in the right vehicle? OBD doesn't give the vin number. Maybe it's a friend with the same make and model?

ETA: obd ii does return the VIN.

Pretty soon, just download the MVA app and use your own OBD reader for the emissions test.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    in Virginia they actually have some roadside sniffers. if you go by one, they send you the results and you don't have to go to the station (every two years for us), BUT they still want the fee of course.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Soooooo, they added a little lube to your screwing and your happy. If it works for you, its ok with me.

Nobody

I’m slightly happier, not Happy. I’ll take smaller government with less hassle in any increments that they occur.

How does it know you plugged in the right vehicle? OBD doesn't give the vin number. Maybe it's a friend with the same make and model?

Good question. I know when I use VAG scan tool on my Audi it returns the VIN but that interface is more comprehensive than standard ODB2. I have a wifi scan tool I’m going to try and see if it does supply the VIN.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    i predict soon on ebay you will see hand held boxes that will represent your "CAR" that you can use at these stations.;)

The day before my test was due.. (yes I procrastinated..) my check engine light came on for a bad O2 sensor. My work car has over 400k miles on it and I'm not paying someone to replace it..and I'm not spending $188 an replacing it myself in a car that has zero value..so I cleared the code with my trusty reader, went to the kiosk and it told me (as I expected) it couldn't read my data..I got an extention, went back a week later and it passed..emission testing is worthless. .just another revenue grab brought to you by the libtards in Assapolis.. ( yes, I meant to spell it like that )

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    1996 if I remember correctly, or used to be

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

true.

All cars and light trucks built and sold in the United States after January 1, 1996 were required to be OBD II equipped. In general, this means all 1996 model year cars and light trucks are compliant, even if built in late 1995.

fnfalsar48

Feb 27, 2011
    Virginia

Pretty soon, just download the MVA app and use your own OBD reader for the emissions test.

OBD mode 9 has the vin number

brownspotz

Ultimate Member
    Oct 22, 2013
    Last time I tried to use the self "prepare yourself I'm going in dry kiosk" in Owings Mills someone stole or didn't return the obd link assembly which was odd as it requires a credit card to start the process. The whole bs emissions program needs to be eliminated much like it is in Western Maryland and I believe eastern shore. It doesn't accomplish much.

Vetted84

Nov 8, 2016
    Have used the one at Belair MVA multiple times. Quick and easy. VIN is retrieved from the OBD port.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom