• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    My back field is literally 200 yards from the trail. I am working on a proposal to the state of Md. now for a legal access to the trail so I can rent my cabin to ATV'ers if there is interest.

Interested.

Didn't Kitzmiller have a range? and any info on that remaining? Or actually 200 yards is plenty :) j/k

ktm rider

Feb 21, 2011
    Undisclosed and Secure
    More outstanding progress !!

Off–Highway Recreational Vehicle Trail Fund Legislation Passed!

Posted on May 15, 2018

On 15 May 2018, Governor Hogan signed Senate Bill 606 which was introduced by Senator Edwards at the request of the Maryland Motorcycle Dealers Association (MMDA) and the Maryland Off-Highway Vehicle Alliance (MDOHVA). It creates, within DNR, an Off–Highway Recreational Vehicle Trail Fund and transfers roughly $750,000 per year from the Transportation Trust Fund (TTF) to the trail fund. Further, it fences those funds so that they can only be used for ORV trails! Those funds come from the Title Tax we all pay when any ATV, SxS, dirt bike, etc are purchased within Maryland. The MMDA has been working for over a decade to get that money transferred to DNR where it belongs. Until now, those funds were used to maintain highways! The MDOHVA is proud to have been able to assist in this.

This is HUGE! A common problem in getting trails built on public lands is the lack of funds to build and maintain them. With this legislation, the funding issue has disappeared. This was a great day for all ORV enthusiasts

http://mdohvalliance.org/?p=518

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    Speaking of progress. This may be old news but as of October '17 Garrett County has made it legal to ride up to 2 miles on county roads for "easy access" to trails!

that's a big deal. really helped the tourism trade around hatfield mccoy as folks could ride from motels, cabins etc vs having to load and unload each way each day.

ktm rider

Feb 21, 2011
    Undisclosed and Secure
    Speaking of progress. This may be old news but as of October '17 Garrett County has made it legal to ride up to 2 miles on county roads for "easy access" to trails! I've been enjoying easy access to driveways, I mean trails, for months now.

https://www.garrettcounty.org/ride

I am guessing a helmet is required for this?

I am 90% sure Allegany county did something similar also. I will check on that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom