• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • justiw

Jan 26, 2012
    I swear it sounded and felt like an explosion. Not only that, but the sound and after rumble lasted at least 30 seconds. Did anyone else hear it? Did something actually explode?

Feb 28, 2013
    I swear it sounded and felt like an explosion. Not only that, but the sound and after rumble lasted at least 30 seconds. Did anyone else hear it? Did something actually explode?

Yeah, the superheated air adjacent to the lightning arc. :P

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Wasn't too bad over here. Rain was comin DOWN though. Loudest thunder I ever heard was at baseball camp in PA. Come to find out, one of the instructors got struck by lightning in the field about 50' from the cafeteria we were all in :shocked3:

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    I heard one like this about 90 minutes ago. Straight cloud lightning, one brilliant flash directly overhead. No pre-rumble - just an instant, phenomenal CRACK and then echos for a good 20 seconds after.

justiw

Jan 26, 2012
    Perhaps. It was a distant sound. I didn't hear the crack, just the deep percussive boom with a long sustained echo. I have been in plenty of thunderstorms in my life while outside, but I have never heard anything like this. Almost like a big transformer went up, but I didn't think there were any that big nearby.

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    Ocean city when I was a youngin. Sitting on grandparents 2nd floor condo balcony watching a thunderstorm. Lightning bolt hit a trash can on the beach. Ears ringing, that electricity feeling in the Ir, scarred the ever loving crap out of me !! Surprised did not pee my pants !

Caeb75

Full fledged member
    Sep 19, 2007
    Aberdeen
    I just tune it out. I can almost throw a rock and hit APG, so loud noises that shake the house are normal. That said, there were some that made me raise an eyebrow.

Cruacious

C&R Farmer
    Apr 29, 2015
    Elkton
    Over in Edgewood while at work it was just a little rumbling and a lot of flash and boom. What we got instead was enough rain to make a water park of the parking lot. Mind I was working in Edgewood High, so the building tends to dampen it a bit. At least two got my attention.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County

It was loud along with the continued rumble for at least 20 seconds (loudly).

If it's the one I think it was it hit up near Trenton I was sitting on my porch and seen it, made my ears ring

The one I'm making reference to was to the northwest of 27 outside of Westminster.

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    One boom in Parkton last night woke my wife, three daughters and both dogs and really flipped everyone out.

Scarab

Apr 5, 2013
    Carroll County, MD
    It was crazy here in Hampstead. My damn dogs had to sleep in our bed that night because otherwise they just howl and cry and we get no sleep.

Scarab :sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom