• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    It’s illegal for CA residents to do that now.

I honestly haven't paid that much attention but it's bordering on insanity what's going on over there.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    Wonder if this includes adjoining states.

Drive to free America, buy ammo, drive back to the sanctuary.

PS: Seems like the reloading industry should relocate to CA. Roll your own.

It’s illegal for CA residents to do that now.

When you drive into California from other states there are "Agricultural Checkpoints" where they randomly stop and harass vehicles looking for an apple or banana you may be bringing in from out of state. I could only imagine what would happen if they found a box of 50 CCI Stingers at one of those check points now.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Seems like this should immediately be taken to SCOTUS.

It is an unreasonable form of gun control.

Seems so. Can a person in California buy a long gun out of state and bring it back? Like a vanilla 22lr bolt action with five round magazine? If that is possible, then not being able to bring in ammo is really strange. I guess the people have spoken there though..

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Coming to a state near you, err ... US !!!

Make no mistake, Frosh and the MD GA will be watching CA closely. Depending on legal challenges by FPC, SAF and others, be prepared for copycat legislation introduced here this year.

We've already been ...

Attachments

• californicated-album-cover (small).jpg
      californicated-album-cover (small).jpg
      55 KB · Views: 416

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I will never understand why any freedom loving American would ever comply with such unconstitutional and illegal infringements.

Any maryland citizen that doesn't carry concealed because they are complying with the 2a infringements on bearing arms in this state should be able to understand why someone on the left coast is complying with this.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Yes. I've driven through them. While they actually do ask about contraband fruit and vegetables, I've always considered it a lame excuse to look for other things.

It sounded so unbelievable I had to google it for myself...

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    "I noticed you have a slice of orange in that empty blue moon bottle that's rolling around in your truck bed, that's a big California violation. We need to do a full investigation to figure out that oranges origin before it enters California."

LOL

Gizmo98

Free At Last!!
    Nov 4, 2015
    Central PA
    Yeah, they are there. Last March I drove from Vegas to LA and there was a 5 mile backup on I-15 because of the agricultural checkpoint.

https://www.cdfa.ca.gov/plant/pe/ExteriorExclusion/borders.html

I'm sure it's come up before, but how is that legal? Are states allowed to restrict travel? I thought law enforcement had to have probable cause before stopping and searching anyone. "He might have a contraband orange" doesn't seem like PC, even in Commiefornia.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    California, Starting in 2019, anyone buying ammunition must pass a background check.
    The problem is that the direct and stated goals of the gun control groups are to make it more difficult and costly per se. not to make it safer in some way , or less likely to for criminals to get ammunition -- but as a long term strategy to raise the effective cost on the law abiding. This is regularly discussed by gun control advocates using taxes, limits or anything else that can be imagined.

That is why there is no such thing as "ammunition hording," or "too much ammunition." Any amount less than ammo for the total life of the firearm in which it will go, is not enough ammunition.

It is a duma55 outcome, likely with unintended outcome of now vastly more ammunition in people's homes than 10 or 20 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom