• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    NFA tracker Form 4 Individual is posting end of July stamps coming in, so hopefully that means I'm a month away.

Of what year?:innocent0
    I got a trust from last may pending. Got another to submit next week. I think I will do individual and move it over later.....

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    I would be interested to see the difference in wait times in Trusts broken out by the number of Responsible Persons on the trusts, as well as originator of said trust. You'd think Silencer Shop, Capitol, and other big vendors would want to collect that data.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I would be interested to see the difference in wait times in Trusts broken out by the number of Responsible Persons on the trusts, as well as originator of said trust. You'd think Silencer Shop, Capitol, and other big vendors would want to collect that data.

I don't know how long each background check takes, but I seem to remember someone posting a message saying that the background check was the hold up when it was taking so long to get your stamp.

If that is in fact the case, multiple people listed on the Trust would increase the time it takes for them to get the results and issue the stamp.

I just did 3 Individual SBR applications and was happy with the turn around considering the lack of movement I was seeing from folks who had submitted Trust applications.

I can only think of the one reason Trust applications are taking so long and it's got to be the number of background checks being performed on those Trusts.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    What level of background check is performed?

It is not a top secret type with phone calls and past lovers interviewed.

This is a first, middle, last and date of birth type entry. The kind run on the side of the road, thousands of times a day by patrol officers. Yes?

Hardly that can be the hold up.

Two stamps and a TSA pre-check application.... in a week. I am at the top of some lists there.. in their recent browser history.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    That's why I think more information about the stamps that get approved would be enlightening. In the post 41f world, simply delineating between individual, trust, corp/LLC, etc doesn't work. But I'd be curious to see time difference between a one responsible person trust and a multi RP trust. One would expect to see a difference in approval times between them, but measuring the magnitude would be interesting. Additionally, if there were not a lot of difference in approval times, that would suggest that BATFE is prioritizing individuals, intentionally holding up trusts to discourage their use, spending/wasting a lot of time investigating the legality of each trust, etc. Additionally seeing whose trusts are getting approved quickly would allow the consumer to pick the vendor with the best track record for ATF approvals.

This is one situation where I think having access to more data would allow us to more effectively lobby and litigate for change. Because what the ATF does seems like it could be accomplished in a few minutes/hours/days with a web fillable form and automated searches based on that information, and I think they rely on a lack of transparency in their processes to avoid modernizing. God forbid anything they do be efficient. If they're not going to provide that information, I wish NFATracker would update their voluntary information to enter to facilitate better oversight of the gubment. The devil is in the details, and details win lawsuits.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    That's why I think more information about the stamps that get approved would be enlightening. In the post 41f world, simply delineating between individual, trust, corp/LLC, etc doesn't work. But I'd be curious to see time difference between a one responsible person trust and a multi RP trust. One would expect to see a difference in approval times between them, but measuring the magnitude would be interesting. Additionally, if there were not a lot of difference in approval times, that would suggest that BATFE is prioritizing individuals, intentionally holding up trusts to discourage their use, spending/wasting a lot of time investigating the legality of each trust, etc. Additionally seeing whose trusts are getting approved quickly would allow the consumer to pick the vendor with the best track record for ATF approvals.

This is one situation where I think having access to more data would allow us to more effectively lobby and litigate for change. Because what the ATF does seems like it could be accomplished in a few minutes/hours/days with a web fillable form and automated searches based on that information, and I think they rely on a lack of transparency in their processes to avoid modernizing. God forbid anything they do be efficient. If they're not going to provide that information, I wish NFATracker would update their voluntary information to enter to facilitate better oversight of the gubment. The devil is in the details, and details win lawsuits.

Any of our legal eagles comment? Is this a FOIA step needing done?

The process is unknown. The little we do know, does not seem to add up.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I have a one RP trust pending now. Went in end of last May. I will post if when it comes out. I am not expecting until next May.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Credit card was compromised. Cancelled it. Yet to be charged for stamps... now add more time to when they charge an old card, denied, call back to update payment...

****ing shitbag thieves.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    One year!? Holy shit. I've been away from the forums for a bit and signed on to see what the wait time has been like. That's stupid.
    If you transfer as an individual as opposed to a trust, the wait times are coming down to the 4 month-ish range. For those of us doing trusts . . . Who knows. I went on a ridiculous buying spree starting in July, so I suspect I'll see the approvals and stamps start showing up in May or June maybe.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    the bitch is/was Im the only person listed in my trust & it still took over 1 year!

My guess is that yours got lost behind others with multiple people listed on their trusts. I have a trust, but my last 3 SBR applications went in as Individual Form 1s. I see no reason for the trust except for my demise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom