Baltimore is a dangerous place now with thugs!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    Too bad no one has the solution for ridding our society of the jerks who can't stop screwing up the lives of the law abiding folks who merely want to work hard and support their families.

Oh there is a solution..... it's just that useful idiots have made it illegal to implement those measures.

Ella

Apr 29, 2014
    Some good points have been made here already, but I came here specifically to view this thread after the title was in my inbox.

I live in Lutherville -- Baltimore County. I grew up in Ruxton. I've lived in the Baltimore area most of my 50-year life pretty much. I lived in the city for years after stints in NYC, London and DC. I miss Baltimore a lot actually. It was the prices and taxes that forced me out, not the crime b/c crime happens everywhere in pretty similar ways/amounts. What happens during and after those crimes is very different though.

I use an app to keep updated on neighborhood goings-on. The reason I got the app was massive amounts of vandalism that escalated to theft. I thought I may have a stalker, but shockingly, when I logged into the app, I learned that here in Lutherville 1) I was not alone -- so no stalker. 2) It was not just these things but also assaults, break-ins, robberies, you name it -- it's happening here in lovely Lutherville and everywhere else in the world. Just this week -- Thanksgiving, there have been 4 home robberies and the police say it's "normal."" fwiw Human beings have also been harmed, chased down with cars while jogging or walking...

It's amazed me to learn all of these things. I've lived in this home for over 15 years and been blissfully unaware until my car became a target.

Funny how we don't hear about it until we go seeking the info out ourselves. Nor do we call the children of privilege that were "doing kid stuff" to the tune of tens of thousands in damage, eluding police and scaring an entire neighborhood "thugs." The "kids" -- aged 19-27 -- most recently caught were NOT arrested, they were given summons and we're awaiting their probation or community svc, b/c that's how stuff happens outside of Baltimore. The standards seem highly irregular.

I'll admit. I don't usually bother to log in. The title of this post in my inbox really got to me though. I wonder what the parents of these white suburban children would think if their kids were assumed to be "thugs" or even as we wanted them to be treated: as people committing crimes -- instead of wealthy, entitled, privileged children of the elite.

I'm not defending any criminal. I am noting the huge difference between here and 18 miles away.

James K

Jul 3, 2017
    I do a lot of work on houses in Baltimore and like someone said "Shi# sprouts legs". I guess people finally realized to "go where the money is". It took me 8 months but the state of Maryland finally gave me a Concealed carry. Nothing will change until the slap on wrists jail sentences start getting stiffer.
    I grew up playing violent video games and it did t AFFECT me. I served this country and spent time in law enforcement. I believe the respect of all of our young people has gone the way of the dodo bird.

Just my 2 cents.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I do a lot of work on houses in Baltimore and like someone said "Shi# sprouts legs". I guess people finally realized to "go where the money is". It took me 8 months but the state of Maryland finally gave me a Concealed carry. Nothing will change until the slap on wrists jail sentences start getting stiffer.
    I grew up playing violent video games and it did t AFFECT me. I served this country and spent time in law enforcement. I believe the respect of all of our young people has gone the way of the dodo bird.

Just my 2 cents.

Welcome to the forum and congrats for strangest post in this thread.

And thank you for your service.

johnjr

Mar 30, 2017
    Well Guys and Gals as of November 13th 2015 after over 30 years of living and working in Maryland I'm glad to say i'm gone and i'm not coming back and if I want a Crab Cake i'll mail order it from G&M, and i'm proud to say I now have my CCW which the Bleeding heart liberal state wouldn't give me, SeeYa!!!

molonlabe

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2005
    Mountaineer Country, WV

Just my 2 cents.
    Welcome to the fight don't forget the introduction. Lt Col Grossman who taught at the Army war college said the army uses video games to help people fire at the moment of truth. My counter insurgency training went a long way in dehumanizing the enemy. The fire rate in Vietnam was 98% vrs. 50% in WWll. A lot of people ran ammunition and took care of wounded. I'm sure that changes as your friends bodies stacked up.

Last edited:

DentonDog

May 18, 2017
    Caroline Co, MD
    Baltimore, a terrible place. And the rest of Maryland is headed that way. Until we get reasonable CCW laws, the lawless will continue to spread. The "liberals" don't understand that means and others need some real discipline in their lives. That includes family (to the extent there is one), school, courts, and the community. When that gets out of hands, one can only resort to self protection to defend one's self.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    One less out there now- BPD is on scene of a legally armed citizen who just stopped an armed robbery in progress and held the subject until they arrived. Need more of this.

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    One less out there now- BPD is on scene of a legally armed citizen who just stopped an armed robbery in progress and held the subject until they arrived. Need more of this.

Are you hearing this on a scanner or did you read it somewhere? I would like to pass along the info. Thanks!

mumfrey

Nov 16, 2017
    Northern Balt Co
    It would be great if this info and event could be passed along to the news media for publication!

I highly doubt that the media would be interested in that story. It's fully against their narrative/agenda....I also just heard another Balt City officer was shot today. Just as they are laying another to rest. Keeping it classy, Balto....Again, what a friggin cesspool.

54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    Well Guys and Gals as of November 13th 2015 after over 30 years of living and working in Maryland I'm glad to say i'm gone and i'm not coming back and if I want a Crab Cake i'll mail order it from G&M, and i'm proud to say I now have my CCW which the Bleeding heart liberal state wouldn't give me, SeeYa!!!

Congrats! Where in America are you? Looking to make a similar decision soon.

mumfrey

Nov 16, 2017
    Northern Balt Co
    Man gets wallet stolen by squeegee kids at a traffic light. May "rethink" coming to events in Baltimore.

http://www.wbaltv.com/article/crownsville-couple-recounts-encounter-with-squeegee-boys/14466197

These 'kids' are nothing but thugs in training. I'm very surprised this incident made the news. It's just one of hundreds of incidents by these 'young entrepreneurs' (ya, the mayor actually referred to them as that, and started a program for them). Many stories of them threatening people and vandalizing their cars. But according to the mayor, they are great. *HEADDESK*

Rambler

Doing the best with the worst.
    Oct 22, 2011
    Baltimore is very nearly a lost cause. Pretty much everyone who could leave has already done so. There are some younger people moving into areas like Federal Hill looking for bargains and hoping to be in on the gentrification they believe is happening. I work with a couple of these guys and their mindset is so situationally UN-aware that they are bound to be victims if they remain there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom