• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rohankmalik

Nov 26, 2016
    I'm currently a MD resident but will be moving to VA this month. I'm heading to the VA DMV soon-ish to take care of the legal stuff. I'll be moving to Leesburg for the time being and then moving to Chantilly in summer of 2018. Does anyone have any recommendations for ranges near Leesburg and trap places like Bull Run?

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    bull run is awesome for all your clays sports, not aware of anything like that (size and variety) closer.

maybe 15 minutes south of leesburg central there is an isaac walton league that has some clays, and pistol/rifle out to 100 yds. archery also.

peacemaker is an hour away (NW, above Winchester) and i do a lot of matches there (2 & 3 gun, action pistol, long range/precision rifle) and they have an awesome facility (bays, long range, etc). membership is currently full but they do have a public rifle range out to 300 yds and a pistol bay for daily fee. nonmembers also can do any of their matches.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Silver Eagle is in Ashburn and is a nice indoor range. After you move to Chantilly, try out Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas. They have a 100 yard indoor range.

rohankmalik

Nov 26, 2016
    Bull Run is one of my favorite places. I'll be moving to Chantilly this summer so it will barely be a 15 minute drive. I know where I am going every Sunday.

I would love to find an all year outdoor range at least 100 yards or more. Isaac Walton sounds right up my alley but the hours suck. I work from sun up to sundown during the week so I'd need something open late and open on Sundays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom