• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tankfixr

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2009
    Harford County
    Hi Folks,

Posted this one about two weeks ago. Pics were kind of small so I'll give it another shot.

Picked up this Franchi Law 12 new in the box from a private owner. Came with a few attatchments to include scope mount and this wild looking spreader choke.

Anybody have any kind of guess what kind of shot the choke will handle?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 053.jpg
      053.jpg
      84.3 KB · Views: 195
    • 055.jpg
      055.jpg
      109.3 KB · Views: 199
    • 057.jpg
      057.jpg
      67 KB · Views: 190
    • 058.jpg
      058.jpg
      45.9 KB · Views: 188

MDMOUNTAINEER

Glock, AR, Savage Junkie
    Mar 4, 2009
    West Virginia
    That's ugly.....................................................................you should give it to me:D

Nice shotty, you did well for yourself. I LIKE!

Tankfixr

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2009
    Harford County
    Holy crap, that is a helluva choke. Really nice scattergun by the way.

Thanks,

They were banned from import awhile ago along with the Spas 12 made by the same company.

Can't find any real info on the choke. It's just casually mentioned in the owners manual as an "optional choke."

Being it as considered an "assualt" type, I'm thinking the spreader was designed for 00 buck in a 2 3/4 shell.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Went to Wikipedia to read about it, but it only mentions the Spas12 and says this that you may wish to know:

"Early SPAS-12 models featured a lever-type safety, but over time it would begin discharging the firearm when switched on or off. This was eventually recalled by Franchi and replaced by a push-button crossbolt safety."

Tankfixr

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2009
    Harford County
    That choke is very obtuse and awkward looking...I can't even tell how it were to "screw" into the barrel...wierd.

Good luck!

The choke is internally threaded. The barrel is threaded on the outside and accepts the choke in that manner. The set screw you see in the pic is to center the mouth of the choke once you have it in position.

Tankfixr

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2009
    Harford County
    Went to Wikipedia to read about it, but it only mentions the Spas12 and says this that you may wish to know:

"Early SPAS-12 models featured a lever-type safety, but over time it would begin discharging the firearm when switched on or off. This was eventually recalled by Franchi and replaced by a push-button crossbolt safety."

This type is a later model fitted with the cross bolt saftey, thank God. The lever saftey must have been a real "eye opener," or "closer" depending on where the muzzle was pointed when the saftey was disengaged.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    This type is a later model fitted with the cross bolt saftey, thank God. The lever saftey must have been a real "eye opener," or "closer" depending on where the muzzle was pointed when the saftey was disengaged.

Glad yours is an update...saw that and had to give you the heads-up.

"eye opener" / "eye closer" - good one!:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom