• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EdHershon

Oct 2, 2018
    Annapolis
    Today I have had two people reach out to me regarding notifications that they received that the Maryland State Police has appealed the Handgun Review Permit Board decisions to grant a Permit or to modify the existing restrictions.

This has been threatened by the MSP and they seem to intend to make good on their threats.

If someone has demonstrated a good and substantial reason to have been granted a permit, that reason does not stop when a person is no longer “on the clock”.

I believe that this is a substantial threat to people who have demonstrated a good and substantial reason to carry concealed.

CrabcakesAndFootball

Jun 14, 2017
    Today I have had two people reach out to me regarding notifications that they received that the Maryland State Police has appealed the Handgun Review Permit Board decisions to grant a Permit or to modify the existing restrictions.

This has been threatened by the MSP and they seem to intend to make good on their threats.

If someone has demonstrated a good and substantial reason to have been granted a permit, that reason does not stop when a person is no longer “on the clock”.

I believe that this is a substantial threat to people who have demonstrated a good and substantial reason to carry concealed.

Is the permit withheld until the appeal is resolved?

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    There has to be something more to the police not wanting everyone else to have rights. Why would they want to designate themselves as being able to defend their families and not citizens?
    Hogan is where the buck stops in regard to MSP correct? Hell, he may not even know about this - free reign, “do what you like”.

I took all the classes and am now glad I did not jump through any more of MSPs hoops.
    But, I could be wrong and Hogan will step in and say something.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    FWIW, I was at a Circuit Court hearing last week of September, where MSP challenged HPRB lifting my restrictions. After the hearing I asked the AG if they intended to appeal the future cases to OAH, and was adamantly told affirmative. I didn't doubt this simply because they were willing to file against me in Circuit Court which is more cumbersome, and an appeal on the record. Appealing to OAH is simpler, and doesn't even consider any reasoning of the HPRB.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Yeah, no offense meant to LEOs, I know quite a few local boys but no state types.
    Worried about using the 1st now .. given the red flag powers and all. So I’m taking Dans route :popcorn: For now :)

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Some states have Constitutional Carry (Which all states should be), some have shall issue, a minuscule few have may issue. Maryland has Clown Issue. No disrespect to the rank and file police officers who stand by us.

Thank you for that... :thumbsup:

It is not the average street working LEO who wants your gun...

It is the upper ranks who have been promoted to those positions politically because of their anti 2A views.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Confusing.

We've been told frequently that it's not MSP insisting we're to be unarmed but rather politicians.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    It will be interesting to see how this plays out. If MSP puts an automatic appeal policy in place (which they might), it will be interesting to see how an ALJ responds. Especially in the absence of a publicly disclosed written policy.

The other joker in the deck will be MSP denying a renewal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom