• other

Votes: 21 55.3%

• Total voters

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    Finally took some time today and mounted the upper on my old Seekins lower. Put some spare stuff on. Need to get a momentary switch cover.

Attachments

• 3F72D672-FDA2-4A04-A71D-DE1C61678490.jpg
      3F72D672-FDA2-4A04-A71D-DE1C61678490.jpg
      50.6 KB · Views: 198

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Finally took some time today and mounted the upper on my old Seekins lower. Put some spare stuff on. Need to get a momentary switch cover.

Nice little compact pistol. As a heads up, my ms4 sling w/ QD hardware was popping out of the handguard mounting point. It would lock, but pop out when it turned at all. The magpul qd seemed just a hair too deep and was bottoming out against the barrel. I switched it out for another QD swivel I had lying around that was just a hair shorter and it now works fine.

I'm looking forward to my $50 PSA black Friday mbus set to arrive in the mail to finish this thing off for now. I think I may switch over to a 50 yard zero though. My defensive load is the hornady black 110 gr vmax, which should run roughly 2200 fps out of the 8.5". It seems like inside 200 yds(which this build is primarily geared towards), a 50 yd zero has much less deviation than the 25...although the 25 has greater overall useful range. It'll just mean learning holds for anything over 225 with the 50 yd zero.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181201-205340.jpg
      Screenshot_20181201-205340.jpg
      34 KB · Views: 194
    • Screenshot_20181201-205500.jpg
      Screenshot_20181201-205500.jpg
      34.8 KB · Views: 195

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    50 yards looks like the sweet spot. I am going with a 1 point sling for now that has a mash hook on it. Maxim has a add on sling mount that goes in the back of the stock by the length adjuster that takes the mash. I may go to a Sheriff of Bagdad B-sling in a 2 point. Hopefully the QDs it comes with work. Thanks for the heads up, it is a work in progress. I have a physically disabled child that I have to account for if things go sideways and I plan on this being my go to when I carry her. I had a longer barreled upper on before but this seems about right for maneuverability .

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Screenshot 2021-03-15 145446.jpg

question.... If someone in md buys this, does the 77r and picks it up after a week with it listed as a receiver on the forms. Can they immediately yank the stock, toss on a sba3 and then build it into a pistol? or is it forever rifle for coming with the stock on it even though it's bought as a receiver?

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA

Yes, not a pistol or rifle at that point, till an upper and stock(designed to be fired from the shoulder) is added. Just make 100% sure it's transferred correctly as a receiver/other on the forms, toss the crappy stock and replace it with a brace.

Awesome lower BTW, have built probably a dozen M4E1s with 0 problems ever. Uppers are hard to find, but you can use mil-spec(matches the shape), M4E1(matches the design) or Aero thunder ranch(M4E1 without FA).

I’m in the market for an AR pistol as well, but it’s insane the prices especially from PSA. For their premium CHF completed upper and a fully built out lower. Your a couple hundred bucks away from a high quality really nice already built carbine from one of the higher end companies. It just doesn’t justify at the moment. I hope the prices come down. I really would like to have a pistol for my collection.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Yes, not a pistol or rifle at that point, till an upper and stock(designed to be fired from the shoulder) is added. Just make 100% sure it's transferred correctly as a receiver/other on the forms, toss the crappy stock and replace it with a brace.

Awesome lower BTW, have built probably a dozen M4E1s with 0 problems ever. Uppers are hard to find, but you can use mil-spec(matches the shape), M4E1(matches the design) or Aero thunder ranch(M4E1 without FA).

Yup, just as a receiver on the paperwork. That's what I figured. Yeah every part of the lower seems well thought out...especially for the price.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Yup, just as a receiver on the paperwork. That's what I figured. Yeah every part of the lower seems well thought out...especially for the price.

Threaded bolt catch pin, tapped for a 4-40 set screw to capture the rear takedown detent, access holes under the trigger guard for adjustable trigger set screws, and a nylon tipped wobble screw. It's actually forged, not billet, so stronger with better grain structure, and they fit nice and tight with their uppers. Only potential issue is the ceracoated receivers can be a hair tight in the trigger pin holes, but usually loosens up without having to ream the coating out of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom